Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Memphis , Tennessee
Water leaking from belly, doesn't make it to faucets.

I moved the city water inlet on my '75 Sovereign from the back under the street-side twin bed to the middle, underneath where the fridge used to be. When I connect to city water, it seems to flow fine through the section that I moved, but somewhere under the floor it pours out. From what I can tell, it goes under the floor after the pressure regulator, then directly across, connecting to the 2 valves in the 2nd picture. There is also 1 valve under the sink in the center bath. I'm not sure if I have tried every combination of open and closed with these 3 valves, but the rate at which the water pours from the bottom of the trailer makes me not really want to test it any further without some more information.

I did get a trickle from the galley sink, but the water was still steadily coming out of the bottom. My control center indicates that my water tank is empty. The water pump switches on, but I am unsure whether or not it functions properly, as I have never filled the tank.

If it is a ruptured pipe under the sub-floor, would it be better to go down through the floor, or up through the belly?

Thanks for any help!

Daniel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	overview.png
Views:	113
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	195888   Click image for larger version

Name:	plumbing-labeled.png
Views:	315
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	195889  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cylinder included.png
Views:	133
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	195890  
Ddanielgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
IMHO it's easier to remove and replace sections of the belly pan. If you don't already need to replace subfloor, you might as well check from underneath. Odds are pretty good that some of the rivets in the belly pan have worked the holes in the skin larger than the rivet heads anyway, it'll be your chance to put in the large-head rivets and/or replace some rotten old fiberglass insulation.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Hartford , Alabama
DdanielGriff,
You might have "popped" the over pressure relief if you tied in after the pressure regulator. I did similar and it would never reseal. Both the pump and cit water would just run onto the ground from its overflow. And I take it you checked both drain valves are shut?
Tom_J
Valacidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Memphis , Tennessee
Yes I have tried with both open, both closed, and each combination of open and closed. I have decided to just take off the belly and have a look, just waiting on a weekend that affords me some time off. I will post pictures of what I find under there. Thanks for your reply.
Ddanielgriff is offline   Reply With Quote