Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
Albemarle , North Carolina
Question Water Leak in Plumbing

water running from rear storage compartment on outside of 1976 26 ft rear bath TT, Can hear running water noise coming from front of commode and floor is wet in front of commode. Water sounding noise occurs even when I turn off water source to commode. Trailer is an Argosy Help
eldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Turn off the water supply. All your plumbing is IN the coach along the outer walls behind and under cabinets. Locate the leak source and repair. If you get freezing weather where you are it could be a split water line other wise a fitting is leaking. Mop and dry all the water or you will have floor damage.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Not all lines run around the outside walls. The water lines going to the galley sink run in front of the toilet behind the box that the toilet sets on. Crossing in front of the toilet and then going along the front of the tub/shower. I have a '74 Argosy rear bath and have replumbed the whole thing, those lines no longer run thru that area. Sounds like you have a damaged line there. If you open the storage compartment door on the rear curb side you will see the lines heading to the front of the trailer if your sink is on that side of the trailer.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
water leak in argosy

Thanks so much for your reply. I am now ready to try and remove the front board(panel in front of commode) to seek out the leak. I apparently did not do a good job winterizing. WE formerly owned a 21 ft AS that an outside door across the back and it was easier to get to. I dont suppose there is any easy way to remove that board. Seems its pop riveted in. Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Locate the pipes.

Did you find the lines inside the curb side storage compartment? I can't remember how that board came off. I ripped everything out, the vanity, toilet and holding tank, then rebuilt everything. But when I installed the new PEX lines for the Galley, I ran them around the back side of the tub, that way there are no inaccessible joints, only the tubing.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
got inside the storage compartment and found two pipes going towards kitchen. I found some pop rivets atop the board in front of the commode and I am about to remove then and hopefully can get that board out. Weather is beautiful here today. suppose to be 75 plus degrees. Good day to be on my knees in the argosy. Thanks so much for your support.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Hillsboro , Texas
I have a 1977 26' Argosy TT with the same problems, I removed the front plastic covering hoping this would give me access to under the commode, what I found was a wood wall behind that covering, I have stopped all work until I have a better idea on how to proceed,What did you do ? and what was your "better idea" after doing the work
carl johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Behind the plywood.

In my '74; the lines ran behind the plywood. Between the backside of the plywood and the blackwater holding tank. As you are facing the toilet they then make a 90 degree turn behind the front of the tub go under the bath wall and run down the curb side under the bed to the sink in the galley.. Not sure your layout is the same as mine. If you look at my blog, I have remodeled the bath but did not relocate the toilet or tub.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
Smile busted water line agrosy TT

Found the leak in water line in front of black water tank . Cut out small slit and put in a flare joint . Now I have to put back the pop rivets etc. I learned the hard way to jack up both sides when winterizing. Thanks to all who offered good advice . From Eldin in Albemarle NC 1976 Argosy 26 Ft