Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
Dallas , Texas
Water leak

Hi folks...I'm hooked up to city water have a pretty good drip coming out of the rear end of bulkhead and box where the hose is connected. I've looked a diagram in the manual but it doesn't illustrate the parts used. Has anyone had these system a part? On the other side of where the hose is connected, is this hard piped? No leaks at the hot water heater ...so pretty sure it's on the. A maids of where the hose is connected.

Any ideas?

Luke
TinCanW/6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Spring , Texas
I had the same symtoms on my 2000 30'. Found the pressure regulator that is integral to the hose connection but hidden behind the "box" front plate leaking. Replaced easily as the assembly uses the hand tightened fittings. Good luck.
Bob Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hutson View Post
I had the same symtoms on my 2000 30'. Found the pressure regulator that is integral to the hose connection but hidden behind the "box" front plate leaking. Replaced easily as the assembly uses the hand tightened fittings. Good luck.
Hi Bob...I've unscrewed the city connection from the box, but it doesn't want to come out? Thought I'd get your input before I start tugging on it!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Spring , Texas
Hi Luke,
Speaking from memory, I had to disassemble the "box" held together with maybe 6 or 8 phillips head sheet metal screws. A couple are slightly hidden and not real easy to access. Once the box is opened up the Shurflo pressure limiter/hose connection assembly can be removed from the back of the front plate where it is mounted. It is connected to the fresh water system using 1/2" NPT fittings with "finger fins" intended to be hand tightened and loosened. Once the device is exposed you can determine whether it is the source of your leak by pressuring up the system before loosening any fittings. Some members have cleaned and repaired theirs, I chose to replace mine. Sure hope this helps.
Bob H
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
Dallas , Texas
Thanks Bob...a lot of dirt. Cleaned it up and reinstalled No leaks

Thank you !

Luke
Old 03-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanW/6 View Post
Hi folks...I'm hooked up to city water have a pretty good drip coming out of the rear end of bulkhead and box where the hose is connected. I've looked a diagram in the manual but it doesn't illustrate the parts used. Has anyone had these system a part? On the other side of where the hose is connected, is this hard piped? No leaks at the hot water heater ...so pretty sure it's on the. A maids of where the hose is connected.

Any ideas?

Luke
Luke.

Follow that tube back, and you should find that it's hooked to a high pressure pop off valve.

The label on the valve will say 111.

Simply replace that valve, but do not eliminate it as it protects the trailers plumbing system from excessive water pressures.

That valve, in time, can decide that it will not properly seal itself, and as a result, allows the dripping.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Spring , Texas
Hi Luke,

I'm glad that worked for you. I've started using an inexpensive in-line water hose filter since I replaced my Shurflo valve. Hope to keep some of the debris out.

Regards,
Bob Hutson