Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Water coming out city water inlet

I'm running bleach (and then vinegar) solution through the water system to sanitize it. Filled up the tank, turned on the pump, ran both sinks to circulate the cleaning solution.

As I walk away, there is water spurting out of the city water inlet. It's not constant - a few second spurt, then nothing, then again. I tried reconnecting city water and running that, but it's still coming out.

I'm guessing it's the check valve in the back corner (buried in the base of the bathroom closet), right? Is this an Airstream part?

Any other ideas - for now I'm going to cap off the inlet so I can use the trailer this weekend.

Thanks
Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
That happened on my last (non-AS) trailer. In that case, the check valve was a combined unit with the city water inlet.

Until I could get a replacement, I just capped the city water inlet when wanting to use the 12v pump.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
My trailer has a bleeder valve located near the rear city water inlet but it discharges under the trailer. If that's not open, and water from the 12 volt pump is pumping water out the actual city water connection, the backflow preventer is not working. If the bleeder is not open, and water from the 12 volt pump is pumping water out the actual city water connection while the city water is connected, I'm baffled.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
I'm running bleach (and then vinegar) solution through the water system to sanitize it. Filled up the tank, turned on the pump, ran both sinks to circulate the cleaning solution.

As I walk away, there is water spurting out of the city water inlet. It's not constant - a few second spurt, then nothing, then again. I tried reconnecting city water and running that, but it's still coming out.

I'm guessing it's the check valve in the back corner (buried in the base of the bathroom closet), right? Is this an Airstream part?

Any other ideas - for now I'm going to cap off the inlet so I can use the trailer this weekend.

Thanks
Tom
Tom.

Only one answer.

The "check valve" near the water inlet, is bad.

Airstreams part # is 000111.

Some dealers stock it.

Andy 11.5k
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
On another occasion, the pop off valve on my trailer was stuck open. Then water from all sources dumped out the bottom out of the pop off down hose but not out of the city connection point. I removed the pop off valve, reset the valve spring with the valve in the seat, and reassembled the unit. It worked fine after that. I think it had been over pressured by an air hose connection by the previous owner.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Thanks all. Ordered the part from Inland - we'll see when I get the chance to take apart the bathroom closet...

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:07 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1983 34' Limited
GUELPH , ON
Crazy how 10 years flies by. I am literally having this same issue - water is coming out a hose (that happens to be on a reel on my '83 34' Limited) that connects to city water. I don't think the pop off valve is flawed because it discharges below the trailer and water only comes out the hose. I thought maybe it was the Watts valve pictured but I'm thinking there is a check valve somewhere. Any suggestions on where to look - I looked where the hose comes in the AS (lower streetside behind the wheel well).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0698.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	397102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0697.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	397103  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	397104  
passenger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:31 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Choctaw , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post

Thanks
Tom

I am having the same issue with mine. I haven’t figured it out yet have you? I don’t believe I have a check valve. I replaced that city inlet before and never seen one. Could be why I am having water shoot out the city inlet. I sure would like to figure it out though.