Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #1

Highland Village , Texas
Unable to Fill Fresh Water Tank

Today I purchased a new 30' 2011 Flying Cloud. I've hooked up the potable water hose to connect the outside hose faucet of my house to the potable water inlet on the outside of my trailer. The faucet at the house is turned on. The owner manual says that's all I need to do in order to fill the fresh water tank. But the tank is not filling.

Both water pump switches are turned off (bathroom and kitchen switches). Water comes out of the faucets.

But the system monitor says the fresh water tank is empty, even after being hooked up for hours now.

So, why is my fresh water tank not filling? How does one fill the fresh water tank?

Also, it seems the dealership gave me the wrong keys for the outside shower and awning side water inlet doors. Is there some valve in either of those places that needs to be turned or something? Is the fresh water tank fill behind the locked door?

Sorry for the newbie questions. FTR, I did search for my answers before posting this. I didn't have any luck finding my own answer. So thanks in advance!
forthefew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
On my 2010 flying cloud, the same key opens the outdoor shower hatch and the door covering the fresh water tank filler. Fresh water tank fill is indeed behind the locked door.

Connecting a hose to the potable water inlet does pressurize the water system, but does not fill the tank.

We received a deadbolt key, a door key, a storage hatch key, and the key to open the fresh water and outside shower. the key does not fit great, a little wiggling and/or graphite lube may help it open.

Good luck with your new Airstream! We've had ours for a couple months now and continue the learning process...
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #3

Highland Village , Texas
Thanks for the very prompt and helpful reply!

I'm a new full timer and have no doubt will have more dumb questions in the near future.
forthefew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Say no to Graphite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverino View Post
a little wiggling and/or graphite lube may help it open.

Good luck with your new Airstream! We've had ours for a couple months now and continue the learning process...
Graphite used to be the lube of choice. No longer. Spray lubs have taken over. The combination of the two will make the lock gum up and really hard to use. Stay away from WD-40 it will gum up over time. It's original use was in a sealed vessel. Use a good quality Silicone spray lub.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote