Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2000 23' Safari
Vero Beach , Florida
Tank monitor system on the fritz

I am having a problem with my tank monitor indicator gizmo. The fresh water tank always shows empty, the grey shows half full and the black shows empty regardless of their actual level. The battery monitor lights seem to show correctly. I have tried to recalibate by using the manual that came with the trailer to no avail. Like when my computer fails, I tried kicking the indicator panel (very difficult reach!) but it didn't help either. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is a 2006 model with the newer panel. Thanks in advance.
mhilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
_

. , .
hi 'hilley

contact the manufacture of the sensors and display.

sometimes the display is faulty and often the tank sensors go wacky...

the company has been pretty good about replacing sensors OR the display under warranty...

as i recall these bits are covered for 5 years.

replacing the display isn't difficult....

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f163...ght-58167.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f365...tml#post317849

the tank sensors are easy to replace (screw in, plug in wire) AFTER gaining access to them.

IF MP is given the model/size stream, the display unit can be sent out PREcalibrated...

which seems like a great idea and time saver, IF the calibration works.

the PRE settings didn't help in my unit, so i still had to run through the REcal' process.

several times

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
JDL
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
T , Oregon
Hello mhilley,

I also had issues with mine at first. I was able to recalibrate. It took a few times but I finally got it . It becomes easier after you do it a few times.

Realize that the sensors are temperature sensitive. So if you are in a warm environment they will indicate higher levels than in a cold environment.

I also had to replace my panel. You might want to give Steve at Catcon a call. He is the manufacturer. Very nice guy.

CATCON Products | Home
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
Destrehan , Louisiana
Is this the Micro Pulse unit? I've had nothing but trouble with mine. Most problems were with the black water sensor. I finally gave up on the black water sensor and just diconnected it. All other functions have worked since then.
dlb435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
mok
MOK

North Providence , Rhode Island
Black water on micro pulse sensor panel just started blinking red all the time. Other sensors appear ok. Have had this 2008 International 2 years and use it nearly 5 months per year full time. Any thoughts?
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2000 23' Safari
Vero Beach , Florida
Yup, either sensor is bad or telephone type connection is bad.. Black water sensor is easy to replace. Clean connection first.
mhilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri
I gave up after most of the day trying to recalibrate my Micro Pulse. It acted like it was doing it's thing according to the manual but still didn't read grey or black tanks after I was finished. Fresh sensor started blinking red almost as soon as I turned on water.

How do you tell if it's a sensor or the panel that's bad?
billberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Miami , Florida
Closing wardrobe makes lights flash then off

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family in our 2008 Bambi. I noticed the sensor lights were completely off. Strange since that is one of my "jobs" once we get to our campsite. It was on, turned it off and back on, felt a little warn. Started to go thru normal calibration then they all flashed and went off. Looked in wardrobe to see of anything was going on. Closed door and lights went back on. Thoughts? Maybe lose connection? We did have to recalibrate black tank about a year ago, but has been fine since.
MamaTRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quite diffucult reach)