Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1984 31' Sovereign
Stockbridge , Georgia
Replacing all water lines

Hi everyone.

84 Sovereign 31ft side bath.

I need to replace all the water lines and need to know how to get everything out(and back in) without taking the entire coach apart. I have a leak under the kitchen sink and I can't see fixing that one leak and then having another leak somewhere else later on. This is original grey plastic tubing.

I don't have any manuals for the trailer and a search brought up over a thousand hits. Not very helpful. If this has been brought up before could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks much.
slantflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
I replaced all the water lines in my 74 Sov center bath with Pex plumbing and crimp fittings. I did have the bedroom wall side of the bathroom removed, as well as the bathroom vanity. To get to the sink up front, I installed my fittings on the end of a ten foot stick of Pex, and snaked them over the wheel well behind the shower, and then cut off the bathroom end at the length I needed... It was all kind of loosey goosey, hit and miss, eyeball kind of work, but it came out very well. Without pulling the bathroom wall and vanity and toilet, it appears as if it would be very difficult. Sorry if this was no help... But it was how I did mine. Good luck with it!

-Red
Old 09-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1984 31' Sovereign
Stockbridge , Georgia
Thanks Red. I thought maybe I had caught a break when I saw the water line comes in from the back and is fairly accessible because it runs on top of the floor under the bed and through the closets. However, it seems the supply line to the trailer goes into the holding tank, and the supply for the kitchen/bathroom comes out of the holding tank. The pump has another line that comes off it that disappears into the floor.

I'm really at a disadvantage here without the maintenance manuals. I've looked on ebay and craigslist and couldn't come up with anything. Is there anywhere the 1984 manual is available to view or someplace I could buy the manual? I'd hate to start ripping and tearing blindly, and of course now time has become, of the essence.
slantflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
You can buy manuals from Airstream: https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=385

Chris
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote