Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Replacement Fresh Water Tank

The P,o. Of My 64 Safari Removed The Water Tank And Converted To Ext. Water Hook-up Only. Does Anyone Have A Source For A Replacement Tank? --also - My Original Bath Sink Is Cracked. Any Ideas???
ON SAFARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON SAFARI
The P,o. Of My 64 Safari Removed The Water Tank And Converted To Ext. Water Hook-up Only. Does Anyone Have A Source For A Replacement Tank? --also - My Original Bath Sink Is Cracked. Any Ideas???
If you want to go original you will have to try salvage yards, if you don't mind "upgrading" try http://www.incaplastics.com

LotalaborAZ
upallnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

"spare water tank"

Hi we have a 65 Trade Wind that we no longer need the water take for, not sure aobut the size difference, but it might be an option, if you do not want new. M
65TWscrapbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:13 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65TWscrapbooker
Hi we have a 65 Trade Wind that we no longer need the water take for, not sure aobut the size difference, but it might be an option, if you do not want new. M
IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME DIMENSIONS THAT MIGHT WORK OUT WELL!!! --THANKS!!
Old 07-13-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnight
If you want to go original you will have to try salvage yards, if you don't mind "upgrading" try http://www.incaplastics.com
I CHECKED OUT THE INCA PLASTICS WEBSITE AND REQUESTED MORE INFO ON A TANK THAT MIGHT WORK.--THANKS!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:04 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Replacement Fresh Water Tank

Greetings On Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON SAFARI
For your bath sink repair, you might want to check with your local plumber for the name of a bath refinishers in your area. I spent the better part of a year trying to find a refinisher to repair and refinish the bath fixtures in my Overlander - - finally asked my local plumbing contractor for a referral and found the refinisher who was both reasonable and a crafsman as well. The repairs were excellent and the finish still appears as new (which it was in the photo below that was taken nearly two years ago):

This photo illustrates the starting condition of the fixtures:

I can't provide much information on the new water tank that was installed in my Overlander as it was a project handled entirely by my Airstream dealer.

Good luck with your projects!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:54 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Hi there Safari,

We have a '61 Safari and tub problems (cracks, chunks out, stains, etc.) are pretty common. We looked into geting our tub (in the earlier models, it was separate from the sink) resurfaced, but were repelled by two estimates in the $500 range. So, I started asking around and found out from many mentors that fiberglass is really pretty easy to work with. It's a composite made of epoxy and fiber material--so you can pretty much form any shape--and repair it at will. I started work on my tub last weekend--I'm keeping a diary here: http://www.airforums.com/forum...153#post109153

So far, I've only done the prep work and epoxying. It's very easy, just a little slow, since I have to wait for the stuff to cure!

Good luck, let us know what you do!

Mary
fireflyinva is offline   Reply With Quote