I have a leak on the water tank at the boss where the pump suction is connected in our 28 foot 2010 Flying Cloud. It appears that the boss has a hairline crack and I am likely going to have to replace the tank.
Have any of you removed a tank on a late model? Any experience and insights you could share would be appreciated. How big of a job is it? It doesn't appear to be that complicated but I have not done one yet.
I have yet to get underneath and really look it over in detail but my assumptions are that the job consists of:
1. Drain tank completely if it doesn't all leak out before I start and disconnect the PEX piping to pump suction.
2. Disconnect the two low point drains that penetrate the shield that the tank lays in.
3. Disconnect level sensor wiring
4. Jack up trailer and stabilize on 2x12 runners to get adequate work space underneath
5. Remove straps that hold shroud/tank in place and lower tank.
6. Inspect, repair, and replace tank if necessary
7. Reinstall tank and shroud (While I am at it, install better drain valve arrangement vs. plastic one that breaks)
8. Reconnect piping and test
By the way, I have got to find out where to get a new tank if that is required. I would like to use a different supplier than the one that sold Airstream the one that's in there. The installation of the bosses looks like it was "Amateur Night" at the supplier when this one was put together.
Thanks in advance for the help.