Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2004, 09:53 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Lake Worth , Florida
Send a message via AIM to RiskIt Send a message via Yahoo to RiskIt
Quick help needed....

Hello, could some one explain (for a simple man) how the city water and tank water lines connect. What I mean is I can figure out how to run city water to the heater etc. but what about the fresh water tank... I don't have time to order the book on my trailer and I'm just going to use PEX. My trailer is gutted and I'm trying to run the pipping now. I have the standard valves from the fresh water tank and two lines running back toward the H/W tank (they also fun up to the sink - hot&cold) but that's it.
I've put this off untill the last min. (need it in place NOW) and need a clue on whats going on between the two systems and how they connect.

Thanks......

I feel bad all I do here is ask questions. I think I've been able to help like one guy, with a simple question. Either way thanks for the help.
RiskIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
See this site:
http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/plumbing/plumb.htm
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Great link.

If you go to the home page - http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/tech.htm - there are links to other well written articles - the 12 volt info is especially worthy of reading.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Thanks......

Quote:
I feel bad all I do here is ask questions. I think I've been able to help like one guy, with a simple question. Either way thanks for the help.
I know what you mean. I'm new here and learning at a fast pace just by reading a lot. I do have a question for you that is not related to your problem. The "Nose Art" on the front of your camper, what was the inspiration? The reason I ask is that I am toying with the idea of having my father-in-law's WWII Bomber Squadron insingnia painted on the front of our "new" 1973 Overlander once it's ready for the road. I think this type of art looks great on the camper and it gives us a chance to say thanks for everything those folks did for us so long ago. Just curiuos. Jim
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:04 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Lake Worth , Florida
[ The "Nose Art" on the front of your camper, ]

I used to own a printing company and one of the guys in the prepress dept. made it for me. It's from a bomber he found on the net. He reworked it and made a vinel of it. It's the same thing and a "wrap" what its called when you do a bus, or large sign.
Some people really like it and others hate it. I polished the trailer this sumer (hated that) and it looks like and old plane from WWII.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:11 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Lake Worth , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Great.... thats all I needed.