Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Garibaldi Highlands , British Columbia
Pump doesn't turn off and it doesn't pump water either. I don't know what to do!

I have a 2010 Flying Cloud and my pump won't shut up when turn on and this started after taking a shower and emptied the tank. Usually when I fill it up it fix the problem but no this time! :-/

I found the pump under my closet but I don't know what to do as I have 0- ability for mechanic.

I also turned on my focet and the shower but still doesn't want turn off. The water coming out of the sink is very weak too.

Hope there is a solution for that, anybody had the same problem? I hope it's easy to fix...
Melimelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
You're likely airlocked.

Fill tank completely with water and run sink and shower faucets, both hot and cold.

This will likely resolve the problem.

If not, one possible cause is an air leak in the pump suction line... there may be a strainer between the water tank and your pump; check if this is plugge or leaking.

- Bart
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Garibaldi Highlands , British Columbia
Yes it was an Airlock.

Since that filling it up didn't work this time i tough of emptying it a bit the water tank with the little faucet underneath the trailer.
I shot off the city water so there is no confusion in between and turned on the pump and the faucet again and it fix it self! youpi!
Melimelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
My water pump just failed to work today. I've got a whole tank of white water I wanted to shower in because I'm at a campground where the iron content is too high. So I turned on the pump and NADA, Zip, zilch. Worked fine the last time I used it. All the big breakers are working. Does this pump run off of a blade fuse. It's a 25 Eddie Bauer 2012 and I'm sure I'm the first person to use this pump.

Any help appreciated.

Paula
Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Paula, it is 12volt. I am sure you have some kind of fuse. Could be a "breaker" tho. It's like a fuse. Open your 12v breaker panel. There should be a black tab on the breakers. You press it back in.

Let us know is if it helps.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
OK, I located the fuse and it was in tightly. Pushed in all of the 12 volt stuff just to make sure. Turned on the water pump and thought I heard something... then turned off the a/c and sure enough the pump was running - no faucets open, and I'd run the tank pretty dry last time I used it. Tonight I'll turn off the city water, open the white water intake and all the faucets and try again.

If that doesn't work, I'll start to look for clogged filters, etc.

Paula
Old 09-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Sounds like you need to prime the pump as it appears to have air on the intake side.
Try opening all of the faucets and see if it will prime. If not, shut the pump off, disconnect the discharge line at the pump. Turn the pump on. If water squirts out, shut the pump off and reconnect the discharge line.
Are you sure you don't have a drain valve open and you are pumping the water outside?
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
I'm on a concrete pad, If the drain line were open I'd know it.

I'll try to prime it by opening all the faucets tonight. Then I get my head inside the tiny closet and work on the pump itself. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, send help - I'm stuck!

Paula
Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
OK it won't prime itself. I haven't had time to work on it, but plan to do it tomorrow.

Paula
Old 10-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Are you sure you have water at the intake of the pump?
Have you switch from city water to house water? There may be valves involved with the change over.
Is there a strainer in the line going to the intake of the pump? It may be plugged.
There may be an obstruction in the outlet of the FW tank. Try blowing it out with low pressure (40 psi or less) air.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #11

2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
Erie , Pennsylvania
Talking Airlocked Water Pump - First Use This Season

I too found my pump airlocked for the first time in 3 years on our first Spring outing following Winter storage (after my draining + compressed air system blow out last Fall).

I used barts fix of running the pump (city water disconnected/off), fresh tank nearly full with kitchen and bath faucets open, and was back to normal operation in a few minutes. Thanks for the post barts!

Note: My pump would run, but not shut off or build normal pressure/flow before clearing the air in the pump/line with barts' fix.

2014 Flying Cloud 23FB
RichyGard is offline   Reply With Quote