Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
LHall's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 830
Images: 17
Pressurized Water Filler Tube

I am considering replacing the black rubber filler tube that runs from the valve on the outside of the trailer to the tank under the kitchen sink. I have a 62 Ambassador with a pressurized galvanized tank. It appears that the current hose is black rubber similar to an automotive radiator hose. The system has no leaks and holds pressure, however I noticed a small hairline crack in the outer skin of the hose and want to replace it. I have not been very sucessful in my search of this topic on the forums. I believe that the inner diameter of the hose needs to be 2-3/4" Has anyone done this replacement and what material was used? Any advice is always appreciated.

Thanks,
__________________

__________________
Louis & Sergio

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
Aerowood's Avatar

 
1971 21' Globetrotter
Arvada , Colorado
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,841
I would use tygon tubing
Plastic Tanks, Plastic Buckets, Plastic Bottles, Labware, PVC Pipe - United States Plastic Corporation ®
__________________

__________________
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall
I am considering replacing the black rubber filler tube that runs from the valve on the outside of the trailer to the tank under the kitchen sink. I have a 62 Ambassador with a pressurized galvanized tank. It appears that the current hose is black rubber similar to an automotive radiator hose. The system has no leaks and holds pressure, however I noticed a small hairline crack in the outer skin of the hose and want to replace it. I have not been very sucessful in my search of this topic on the forums. I believe that the inner diameter of the hose needs to be 2-3/4" Has anyone done this replacement and what material was used? Any advice is always appreciated.

Thanks,
The original filler neck was fastened directly into the metal tank with a section of pipe.

No hose was used.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
Always Airstreaming!
 
rickandsandi's Avatar
 
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,114
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi

Too funny! US Plastics is one of our suppliers for the Tygon we use on our presses! They are really great to work with and their Tech Support is pretty good too! You will find they have lots of cool stuff when repairing or upgrading your AS. I even buy stuff just to make more stuff around the house!
__________________
J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
LHall's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 830
Images: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In
The original filler neck was fastened directly into the metal tank with a section of pipe.

No hose was used.

Andy
Thanks Andy,

I will have to remove the hose and see if there are threads under there and try to replace the pipe section. The rubber hose is pretty old and looks like it could be original.
__________________
Louis & Sergio

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall
Thanks Andy,

I will have to remove the hose and see if there are threads under there and try to replace the pipe section. The rubber hose is pretty old and looks like it could be original.

You can pressurize your water tank to 100 psi.

A rubber hose would never take it.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
More than one rivet loose
 
thecatsandi's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,754
Just what kind of rubber hose are you talking about? We have rubber hoses in airplanes that will take 1000-1500 PSI, reinforced of course.
__________________

__________________
Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement Pump for pressurized water tank muddy_hollow Fresh Water Systems 26 03-15-2010 07:06 PM
Converting pressurized water system to demand.. Is tank vent needed 63air Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps 1 07-05-2005 10:11 PM
pressurized galvanized tank vs. water pump 59er Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps 12 05-03-2005 04:58 AM
Fresh water filler tube '63 Safari srgntpepper Fresh Water Systems 5 05-27-2004 08:16 AM
Pressurized water tank eracism Fresh Water Systems 2 10-25-2002 07:09 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.