Old 01-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #29
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Whoa! Wait a sec - are you saying I'm NOT supposed to be doing that? 8^o

:-)
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid to answer that for fear of being called a worry wart.

However if you should chose to do that, my advice would be to spit out the chunks.

Ken

Old 01-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Oh yes we laugh now, but when I was at Fort Wilderness I saw an old guy with A SOB take his drinking water line and feed it down the stinky slinky to wash it out!! Then he rolled up his fresh water line an put it back in the carrying bag. I'm sure he was wondering why I was staring at him like he was a crazy person. Just thinking about it makes me queasy..

Old 01-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #31
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflames View Post
Oh yes we laugh now, but when I was at Fort Wilderness I saw an old guy with A SOB take his drinking water line and feed it down the stinky slinky to wash it out!! Then he rolled up his fresh water line an put it back in the carrying bag. I'm sure he was wondering why I was staring at him like he was a crazy person. Just thinking about it makes me queasy..
If he was alone, perhaps he was operating with the understandable believe that anything coming out of that pipe went into the tank as either good clean water or something that had already been inside him. So what could be the problem with it going back inside him again. However I do recall someone telling me once that simple logical solutions are not always the best.

Ken
Old 01-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Hot Springs , South Dakota
I hate to ask where the waste water will go. It's hard to imagine having a suitable dump site nearby and not fresh water.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflames View Post
Oh Lord!

Let's hope he was playing a joke on you like the guy who washes out a mayonnaise jar, secretly fills it with vanilla pudding, and eats it quite publicly with a spoon at a picnic :-)

Oy!