Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
This is a screen shot from their website. Attachment 204467

The finest quality polyurethane coil hose ever made. The Coil Garden Hose is the perfect hose for smaller watering needs on the porch, patio, containers and small gardens.

Specifications:
.................................................. ....
It looks like its safe to me. We really like how it's easy to store etc.
I didn't intend to be picking on your hose, it just happened to be a convenient target. It is just too bad they didn't make it white with a blue stripe. My real point is that it is not a good idea to use any old hose.

I had a similar but probably lesser quality hose that I used to carry for the water supply hose to our sewer solution. However I store the tank draining stuff in the shallow bumper drawer. It turned out that a regular hose worked better, because it stores flat.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
I would have to second the idea of running a 3/4 PVC pipe. Not sure of your weather is like in tx, but here in Fl you just need to bury the line a few inches under ground. It think it would be worth the time and energy, and your friend would then have a water line to their barn.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Personally I think some people worry too much.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:39 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Personally I think some people worry too much.
Personally I think some people don't think things out too well.

Ken
Old 01-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
I agree with AWCHIEF.
You could be killed by falling space debris tomorrow. Or collide with one of those huge motor homes going down the road at 80+.
Why sweat the small stuff?
Don't Worry; Be Happy;
Enjoy the Day. It could be your last. And it won't be because you drank from a garden hose.
You probably have better odds than trying to win the 1 Billion $$$ from Warren Buffet.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
1. All bleeding stops eventually.

2. No one gets out alive.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
I agree with AWCHIEF.
You could be killed by falling space debris tomorrow. Or collide with one of those huge motor homes going down the road at 80+.
Why sweat the small stuff?
Don't Worry; Be Happy;
Enjoy the Day. It could be your last. And it won't be because you drank from a garden hose.
You probably have better odds than trying to win the 1 Billion $$$ from Warren Buffet.
This is turning extremely amusing.

1. Member asks what type of hose to use for drinking water.

2. He is told that he should use a hose rated for drinking water.
That seems like a responsible reply.

3. Others now advise him to drink out of any old hose, because he will die sooner by being hit by space junk or a speeding out of control motorhome.

Advising another that it is best to use a product that is made for the purpose at hand, is not excessive worrying, its simply common sense.

Personally I don't care what you or he drinks out of. You can drink out of the black water drain hose for all I care. However when someone asks my advice about what to do in any situation, I will give that person advice that I consider safe and responsible. I will then walk away knowing that whether or not he choses to follow my advice and no matter what the results are I gave safe and responsible advice.

My intent is not to please you. My intent is to please myself by doing what I feel is the correct thing.

Ken
Old 01-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post

You can drink out of the black water drain hose for all I care.
Whoa! Wait a sec - are you saying I'm NOT supposed to be doing that? 8^o

:-)
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Whoa! Wait a sec - are you saying I'm NOT supposed to be doing that? 8^o

:-)
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid to answer that for fear of being called a worry wart.

However if you should chose to do that, my advice would be to spit out the chunks.

Ken
Old 01-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Oh yes we laugh now, but when I was at Fort Wilderness I saw an old guy with A SOB take his drinking water line and feed it down the stinky slinky to wash it out!! Then he rolled up his fresh water line an put it back in the carrying bag. I'm sure he was wondering why I was staring at him like he was a crazy person. Just thinking about it makes me queasy..
Old 01-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflames View Post
Oh yes we laugh now, but when I was at Fort Wilderness I saw an old guy with A SOB take his drinking water line and feed it down the stinky slinky to wash it out!! Then he rolled up his fresh water line an put it back in the carrying bag. I'm sure he was wondering why I was staring at him like he was a crazy person. Just thinking about it makes me queasy..
If he was alone, perhaps he was operating with the understandable believe that anything coming out of that pipe went into the tank as either good clean water or something that had already been inside him. So what could be the problem with it going back inside him again. However I do recall someone telling me once that simple logical solutions are not always the best.

Ken
Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Hot Springs , South Dakota
I hate to ask where the waste water will go. It's hard to imagine having a suitable dump site nearby and not fresh water.
John Adler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflames View Post
Oh Lord!

Let's hope he was playing a joke on you like the guy who washes out a mayonnaise jar, secretly fills it with vanilla pudding, and eats it quite publicly with a spoon at a picnic :-)

Oy!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote