Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Berryville , Virginia
Plumbing manual schematic

I am having a bit of trouble following the plumbing layout in the manual. The original plumbing was replaced in my unit and the tank plumbing and pump was cut out , I want the tank back.

First the filter by the pump is shown with only a cold feed out to the kitchen sink. shouldn't this filter everything or is it strictly for the kitchen faucet?

there is a designated # which says pump filter, but for some reason they did not detail the pipe layout. It would seem to me that the line from the tank would go to the filter then into the pump and out to the main.

I get how the street piping works , a check valve in the pump stops the water from back flowing into the tank. I also understand that when filling the tank on the road you should have a house type filter on the house to filter questionable water.

Next, where is the out put on the tank. Mine is a white plastic type. Is it a stub out 1/2 " off the tank?

Finally where the city water comes in it goes to a check valve to a pressure pressure regulator then it has a line which goes to another relief valve to a cut off valve which is a pipe dump to clean lines then back to the main line? which makes no sense.

Could somebody help me follow this?

Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Col. Station , Ohio
My book shows a filter between the pump and the tank. You than have a water purifier between the pump and the sink or whatever fixture you want purifed water run to.

The pipe layout is not detailed for the purifer. It is for the filter. My 75 has the factory plumbing intact. If you shoot me a PM I will try to walk you through the layout.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Berryville , Virginia
Thanks for the input. Ok so the tank is filled by the free flow tube a garden hose is placed into. Then the general filter is between the tank and pump which filters sediment out. The purifyer is then in line to as you say catch what you want.

In the back the manual has that odd cross over. Any explanation for that?

Is the pressure regulator necessary? I just do not see going anywhere where the water pressure is much above 60 lbs.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Col. Station , Ohio
[QUOTE=batt;1029038]Thanks for the input. Ok so the tank is filled by the free flow tube a garden hose is placed into. Then the general filter is between the tank and pump which filters sediment out. The purifyer is then in line to as you say catch what you want.

after the pump, i.e. pressure side

In the back the manual has that odd cross over. Any explanation for that?

I don't see any crossover. Got an item #?

Is the pressure regulator necessary? I just do not see going anywhere where the water pressure is much above 60 lbs.[/QUOTE

Regulator is a must imho.