Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
Maryville , Tennessee
Plumbing Diagram

I have a water leak when hooked up to city water. It seems to be between the commode and closet, coming from underneath the floor. I have the 1987 Excella 32' with side bath and dinnette. Does anyone have a schematic of the plumbing lines or maybe can tell me from experience how the plumbing lines are routed? How difficult is it to remove the flooring?
Chillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Best bet is to remove the bottom skin where you think you have a problem. I have an 81 center bath. The plumbing starts in the left side across from the bathroom in the compartment at the bottom of the closet. You can cut some access holes in the floor there to see what is going on. The supply line goes under the floor on mine and comes out under the shower. Mine has a kitchen on the entrance door side and the bathroom shower is on the other side of that. I found this out when I had the kitchen counter removed. Yours maybe different. Where is the pump located?

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Go from underneath.

First, tho have you pulled the fresh water supply area to church from connection?
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
Maryville , Tennessee
My kitchen is to the left of the entrance door and next to it is the closet with water pump, etc. Across from the kitchen on the opposite side is the dinnette and refrigerator and next to it the shower and bath, with a rear bedroom. I'm thinking the water line must go from the bathroom on the one side to the water pump in the closet on the opposite side. This must be the line which is cracked. How difficult was it to cut access holes in the floor?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
You can use a hole saw to get a starting hole where the tubes leave the pump and go under the floor. Then you can make it bigger with a jig or reciprocating saw (saws all). I would not remove alot of flooring. Just enough so you can get in there with a mirror and see if your leak is under the floor or not. You can cover the hole you made with some plywood since it as at the bottom of the closet it is not a big deal. One of those bone saws would work well also and won't do as much damage as a conventional saw. By bone saw I mean one of those vibrating saws where the blade moves back and forth left to right in stead of in and out.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
Maryville , Tennessee
I have done more research. My cold line comes in under the bed and feeds the bathroom, tees off back to the hot water heater, and then goes under the floor under the refrigerator, comes up under the microwave cabinet, feeds the kitchen and goes to the water pump. The hot line leaves the hot water tank, feeds the bathroom, and then goes under the floor under the refrigerator, comes up under the microwave cabinet and feeds the kitchen, and goes to the water pump. I find no pipe at all going near the area which is leaking. Now I think it may be a holding tank leak. There is no smell however. Can someone tell me which tank is located under the hallway between the bathroom and closet?
Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
Maryville , Tennessee
I'm pretty sure it is the fresh water holding tank, which must be getting filled somehow from the city water connection. Any ideas?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
Maryville , Tennessee
Finally found a leaking T connection near the drain plug by the kitchen, which was allowing water to run on top of the floor but under the carpeting until it found a low place, where it finally soaked up through the carpeting. It is unbelievable how water leaks can confuse one. I was ready to cut access holes in the floor and/or drop the belly pan and fresh water tank, which would have been simply a waste of time. Thank goodness for small miracles! Happy New Years everyone!