Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
santa rosa , California
Plastic pipes, yikes.

Apon purchase of my new to me 82 Excella the PO proceded to snap of the plumbing right after the city water regulator while "demonstrating" the system. Yikes!! I would like to make the repair myself can anyone tell me are the conections glued together on this plastic plumbing? and what are the metal collars for around the pipe? can i buy a repair kit? Thanks in advance.
Style addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
Ham KI4HJX

1982 27' Excella
1970 23' Safari
Franklin , 28734
My 82 Excella was plumbed with a grey plastic tubing not unlike the Pex of today. The rings are crimp rings that make the tubing tight on the fitting. You need a special crimping tool you can get at Lowes. I replaced all of my pipe with 1/2 inch Pex. Blue for cold and red for hot I also got at Lowes. Some of the original pipe was 3/8 inch where it left the trunk line and went to a fixture but I changed it all to 1/2 inch with brass fittings, some of the old one's were plastic. So far my new pipe works great. LOL
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote