Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1982 31' Excella
n/a , cornwall
Pipe Routing

Hi
I Have A 1965 22ft Safari, I Have A Water Leak At The Front Near The Water Tank Somewhere Near The Drain Valve. It Does Not Leak Into The Inside But Seems To Leak Into The Belly Pan. My Question Is Are The Pipes Accesed From Inside The Trailer Or From Underneath.
Thanks
Trevel
trevelyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
They should be inside. There should be an access hatch near that location under the sofa or bed cushion in the front location where you can look down to see the plumbing. If the leak is near the drain valve - it may be a bad valve - is it coming out the drain tube? Can you see the tube extend below the belly skin? There are some applications where connections are made with felxable hose and clamps - that may be the culprit - an easy fix.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:43 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1982 31' Excella
n/a , cornwall
Hi
Thanks For The Reply. I Can See The Drain Pipe Coming Out Of The Lower Skin And The Leak Does Not Seem To Be From The Valve, Looking Down On Top Of The Plumbing I Cant See Any Water Leaking But When I Fill The Tank There Is A Significant Leak Coming Out Of The Belly Pan In That Area. Any Thoughts?
Trevel
Old 12-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Hate to say it - is the tank itself leaking? Can you get to it? What is the interior set up you have - couch, bed, bench seats and table???? Is it leaking the tank dry - say if you fill it up does the leak continue after you turn the water off from the hose? If the leak stops the water fill tube may have sprung a leak and it's dripping inside the skin and running under the pan. Does it leak when you use the pump only? If it's a constant leak then I would look at the tank - an indication of how far down the tank it would be is when the water stops leaking check the water level in the tank. Is the tank metal or plastic?
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1982 31' Excella
n/a , cornwall
thanks, i will look this weekend. it has a couch with a plastic tank underneath and after i turn the tap off it leaks until it is empty, so the bottom of the tank is at fault i geuss? if i need more help after the weekend i will be back on next week.
thanks again
trevel