Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Overflow hose in freshwater tank is loose.

When I fill up my water tank if I fill it to full I notice a water leak to the ground coming out of below the water tank. On inspection I noticed what I think is an overflow tube (1/2 inch maybe) that goes from the top of the tank down through the floor. But it is just sticking through the floor. Isn't this supposed to be hooked to something.

Another question. When I hook to a water hose for water supply, what do I need to do to get water to the faucet? There are a couple valves near the water tank. does the pump run or are we relying on water hose for the pressure? When I hooked up the other day i didn't get any water.
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 08:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Overflow hose in freshwater tank is loose.

Quote:
On inspection I noticed what I think is an overflow tube (1/2 inch maybe) that goes from the top of the tank down through the floor. But it is just sticking through the floor. Isn't this supposed to be hooked to something.
The vent tube or overflow tube is directed through the underbelly of the coach and is intended to be connected to any other fixture. My understanding is that it is more of a vent than an overflow - - but will overflow if the tank is overfilled.

Quote:
When I hook to a water hose for water supply, what do I need to do to get water to the faucet? There are a couple valves near the water tank. does the pump run or are we relying on water hose for the pressure? When I hooked up the other day i didn't get any water.
If your '68 is similar to my '64 Overlander, you will find that there is a city/on-board water supply valve in the one-stop service compartment. If this valve is present, it must be opened before the city water will flow to the coach - - it is downstream from the pressure regulator which looks something like a brass mushroom. The valves that you see near the tank are likely drains for the fresh water system often called lowpoint drains.

Good luck locating your water gremlin!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote