Old 10-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Sacramento , California
No water pressure to sink faucet

It's help a newbie day. We just connected water supply to our 65 GT and water flows to bathroom sink and shower, but barely a drip comes out of the kitchen faucet. Is there a valve between the water heater and sink? Refridgerator?

We can't see one. Any advice? Oh, and when we just turned the water supply off, turned on the faucet, and drips turned into a trickle. Stumped.
Thank you.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
I don't believe there is a valve between the kitchen faucet and the rest of the trailer, at least there has not been in any of the trailers we have owned.

However, we have had trouble with the screen filter on the end of the kitchen sink faucet getting so clogged up with crud that water would not flow from the faucet. You might give the screen a check.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."-- Thomas Jefferson
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Check the aerator on the sink. It could be clogged with grit.

(I notice that Steve and I think alike and were posting at the same time)

Gene
Old 10-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Sacramento , California
Yes! I took the 1965 faucet apart, flushed it out, and it works better. Still not perfect, but water is running. I'd bet there are quite a bit of calcium deposits and other gunk. Well we can camp next weeken with water! Yay! Then, maybe some CLR and new washers...thanks guys.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Great. Even with an exterior filter, silt and grit can get through and clog up the faucets. I clean them every spring when I summerize.

Gene
Old 10-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Glad it's working for you. I think the stuff comes from the water heater, but I cannot explain why it always shows up first in the kitchen faucet, but it does.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."-- Thomas Jefferson
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Tulsa , Oklahoma
ditto all the above!
Old 10-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Angelo , Texas
I had this happen on our smaller trailer (Casita) but with the forward bathroom hot water. This happened after I flushed out the hot water heater. The "kitchen" faucets hot and cold and cold water bathroom ran fine but no hot water. Tried several things but nothing seemed to work. Then a friend suggested I get a short length of neoprene tubing and hold it up against the open hot water faucet and blow. That did the trick. Must have been a small flake of old calcium deposit lodged in the line somewhere.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Mora , Minnesota
This thread was very helpful, as I had a similar issue with the kitchen faucet. Turns out it was just grime-- a quick (and cheap) fix!
Old 09-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #10

1976 Argosy 26
Dade city , Florida
Kitchen sink. I have a leak at the water supply line to my cold water faucet. 1977 Airstream Argosy. It looks like the nut that connects the copper water line to the faucet has deteriorated. I did not see a shut off valve. I am thinking of replacing the faucet. But concerned about working with copper lines. Any DIY help or should I get an expert?

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums