Old 01-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
San Juan Capistrano , California
Unhappy No water! Help!

I need some advise for troubleshooting a problem. I'm about 150 miles from my trailer and my dealer is 150 miles the other way so I want to figure out as much of this as I can, though I am a newbie. Ahem.

Anyway it's a 22' Bambi Safari and I stopped getting water from the site water hookup. The site has good pressure, but I don' get anything inside (anymore -- it used to work fine for months then went out one weekend where trailer sleeps and -- nothing).

I can't get access to the water tank inlet (the one associated with the pump) because the @^%#$@ key won't open the door that lets me get at the water tank. As you may have guessed there are two water inlets, ... one for hose hook-up and one for filling the tank. The latter is the locked one (at least that's the theory). I have seriously considered using a big screwdriver to open it, but as it's a new trailer I don't want to trash it yet.

Back to the regular site hook-up inlet -- I've seen the thread about some alleged water inlet filter/regulator but don't know where to look. That's what I want to check first. Anyone know where it is on this unit??

What else can I try? I was going to go to Home Depot and try and pick up some hose that could be hooked up to one or both sides of the pump/piping under the dinette seat. At least then I could try feeding the site water line into to water system from another point. Maybe that would help flush out anything stuck!? There is no leak. What size hose stuff/thread do I look for at Home Depot? Looks like 1/2"? Any other ideas??!!

FWIW It might be something that was mis-fastened at the factory. After a month with the trailer the fridge stopped cooling. I was running it on auto, but the gas ran out. The trailer is hooked to water and 110v all the time. Well guess what I found? The fridge AC plug wasn't plugged in. You know, the AC plug behind the fridge in that little access door you get at from the outside. So anyway, maybe something with the water wasn't tightened and moved to a position that prevents water??

Having fun learning the hard way,
GB

Old 01-26-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
There is a pressure regulator from the place where you hook up the water to the rest of the system in the trailer. However my unit is 49 years old so I would have no clue where yours might be. It should be just down stream from the fresh water hook up. Look in your owners manual. It should help you.

This devise limits the pressure coming into the trailer so the pressure does not do damage to the unit. Mine is adjustable. It is possible that the adjustment is messed up. Again this should be assressed in your owners manual.

BTW, you need to find that key too.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

Old 01-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
This happened to me in the rear bath of my '77 Excella and then the kitchen faucet started slowing down. Sediment had settled in the bottom of my water heater and when it filled up, the junk moved through the water lines to the bath faucet plugging the screen up. It then moved to the kitchen sink faucet and did the same thing. I just removed the collar holding the screen in and cleaned the trash out. I had to remove the entire ball setup on the single handle bath sink faucet because it was clogged also.

I don't know if you just picked up some teflon tape particles from the trailer's recent construction or other junk that got past your inline water filter (you are using one aren't you?) but thought this might help.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
San Juan Capistrano , California
Problem, but not mystery, solved. I cleaned out the screen and started up the city water as usual this weekend and everything worked fine. I'm not sure if I fixed it or if things just moved around in the lines or what. I'm not going to complain and will move on to other issues. Thanks for all the help. Now I have to figure out why the darn radio/CD died. Do I really need two households to maintain???
Old 01-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
All kinds of crud seems to settle inside the water heater and when you hook up to a water source the water mixes it up within the 6 gallon tank. This works its way throughout your water system. You might try buying one of the water tank wands with the yellow shaft that is slightly curved on the end. The other end connects to a garden hose. You open the large drain plug near the bottom of the tank (Atwood), stick the wand in, turn the water on and you will see all kinds of stuff coming out of the hole with the escaping water.

AIR #0078
3.73 rear end
Old 01-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
Since my wife got sick while using the city water connection at a Nassau County Campground in NY we always use a water filter, even when filling our tank. There was so much scum and algae comming from the city water system that it too clogged the sprayer screens and a hose washer screen that I had installed on the hose inlet.WBCCI 30916.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #7
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
City water junk!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. And it gets into your home that doesn't have wheels. What doesn't settle in the hot water tank, gets stuck in faucets, a water filter or your stomach.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 01-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action
City water junk!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. And it gets into your home that doesn't have wheels. What doesn't settle in the hot water tank, gets stuck in faucets, a water filter or your stomach.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
It's quite strange but a few years back I noticed the soil on either side of the irrigation lines in my garden had started taking on a reddish hue. I read in the newspaper a few days later that a number of people had complained about seeing this in their water. The article mentioned that much of our water is taken from a nearby lake and treated. Our large town sits on a plateau that is very rich in iron ore which accounts for the man lightning strikes in the area as well as the occasional water situation mentioned above. The water didn't taste differently and I am sure my iron level is "top notch".

AIR #0078
3.73 rear end