Old 07-22-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Edmond , Oklahoma
Newbie Needs Fresh Water Tank

Hi All, I have a 79 Excella 500 31 foot center bath with leaks. Trying to find them today I wound up dropping the fresh water tank and sure enough it has cracks on top. Where is a good place to purchase a new tank? I am new to the RV thing and don't have a clue as to if they are standard shapes and sizes or are they specific to each make.....

Also, it looks like I am going to re-plumb with PEX, it appears some of the previous ownership used quite a few band screw clamps (automotive type) on the old gray pipe which I understand is a no-no. So look forward to lots of questions.

Dan

Old 07-24-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Hello Dano57,

Try inland Rv in Corona Ca .They may have it in stock or can get it .
there are other sources for tanks ,but inlands should be an exact replacement
Others will post their choices or tanks they are using also to help .My 60
tradewind needed a custom tank so I had one made .But its nice to just get the one that fits right in place .

Scott

Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Tank

Go direstly to the INCA website. Then again there lots available , new, on the good old EBAY. Watch out, as usual, for the "Good ole' Boys' and their "It'll fit" scam bull.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Edmond , Oklahoma
I called Inca today and there recommended one of two fixes. (They did not make the tank anymore.) Inca suggested Super Mend epoxy if I wanted to try to patch it myself or I could ship it to them and they would patch up the tank (plastic weld) and check it out for me for an estimated 40 bucks. Right now I am leaning that way.

I did check with IRV and they have a new one which I would opt for but they wanted 50 dollars to crate plus 110 dollars to ship. I checked on shipping my tank to Inca with FedEx ground and it would cost me around 20 bucks. Inca estimated 35 dollars but my wife gets a discount through an arrangement with her company. A new double walled box will cost me less than 20 dollars as well so for 60 dollars round trip I can get mine fixed. Would have gone with a new tank but unrealistic shipping cost turned me off.

Dan
Old 08-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Edmond , Oklahoma
Smile

Well I sent the tank via FedEx ground from Oklahoma to California on 7 Aug, they shipped it back to me today. The cost to date is 16 dollars to ship it to them, we included a shipping document back to my in-laws house which cost 17 dollars. Inca charged us 45 dollars to weld the cracks and test that tank plus it cost me 10 dollars in cardboard sheets to make a box for it. The total cost, provided nothing happens is 88 dollars.

I would like to have just replaced the tank with a new one and would have paid the slightly less than 300 dollar price tag for it but the additional 160 dollar shipping fee the other vendor wanted was simply outrageous especially since they are in essence in the same area as Inca is. I guess if it were the only option I would have had no choice but by inquiring here and doing some leg work I have saved over 350 dollars . Thanks to ever one's comments and this great forum. Thank again and again.....

Dan