Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
New holding tanks & monitor Sys

Hi everybody.
In our 1972 Sovereign there is no holding tanks for the rear bathroom and I'm still struggling with removing the fresh water tank for a water leak test.
What should be the direction to take to install a grey/black water tanks on the rear and also set up a monitor system?
The financial resources are limited for the project so please have that under consideration.
Thanks again.
2 chronicles 7:14
VeggieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieBullet View Post
Hi everybody.
In our 1972 Sovereign there is no holding tanks for the rear bathroom and I'm still struggling with removing the fresh water tank for a water leak test.
What should be the direction to take to install a grey/black water tanks on the rear and also set up a monitor system?
The financial resources are limited for the project so please have that under consideration.
Thanks again.
The original black water tank is still available.

However, if your going to add a gray water tank, then your design will have to start from the begining, or use a black and gray tank from later years, but you will have to do some modification at the rear of the trailer.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
Hello Andy.
We are totally ready and open to suggestions. We found an original Black Water tank but now the question is: Grey water tank? where do we fit it?
and how do we install a monitor system? in theory it should be easier with the tanks out?
Any idea? inputs or suggestions are more thank welcome.
2 chronicles 7:14
VeggieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Troutville , Virginia
Gray water tank

I added a 45 gal grey water tank to my 73 29ft Ambassador - had a local
company construct a single tank that would fit between the frame cross members directly behind the axles (single tank with a flow between i.e. one tank between one cross member and one tank between another corss member) - I then plumed the sinks and shower to this tank and used the black water vent as the vent for the grey water tank - I also built a separate drain for the the grey water tank. The tank is supported by angle iron supported by a 1 inch piece a plywood (similar to the construction support for the freshwaer tank in front of the axles)
Jim J
Jim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote