Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #1

lady in distress leaking air from water inlet

I need some desperate help as I'm not able to shower and i'm globetrotting spain at the moment in my 62 globetrotter. i seem to have an airleak with the little water connector from the outside. I need to twist the whole white piece that connects to the water in pipe but i think the water has stuck it tight... sorry i have no idea what it's called but it wont twist off. has any one any ideas? i need to get it off to take a proper look and find someone to try and seal it. am i able to get anew one? has it hppened to any one else. PLEASE PLEASE HELP... I need to wash my dishes and have a shower!

Louise
skweez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
New Holstein , Wisconsin
It sounds like the pressure in the water lines is preventing the hose from twisting off the coupling. I would suggest turning off the water on the supply line, and opening a faucet in the trailer. This should relieve any pressure in the lines and allow you to remove the hose to get a look inside. Hope this helps! Brian
shvlnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #3

There is no water pressure. the airleak is coming from the water fill at the front of the trailer. there is no water in the trailer as i dont use the city water hookup. this is the bit that is leaking out air. I can feel and hear it when i have filled my tank and turned on my water pump. It seems to have come loose, i think there may have been a spring inside it that now doesnt work. I'm sorry i'm not very good at explaining. I'll take a photo tomorrow and post it, i think that would be the best thing. Thanks for your reply though. Any help always greatly appreciated. x x
skweez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Just a Guess

Do you have the original Paar type pump? Big motor and belt drive. The only thing I can think of is that there is a problem with the diaphram or valve and it is just pumping air back and forth in the system.
This might explain why you can hear air coming out of the fresh-water fill and yet have no water pressure.
Just thinking off the top of my head.

Good Luck,
Tom.

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Is it possible that you have a pressurized water tank? Instead of a water pump you would have an air compressor that would pump air into the water tank to pressurize it.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Help is available

Get a picture to us. The answer will come quick. Sure is a possibility of a pressurized tank system.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote