Old 12-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Rivet Master
1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
installing pump winterizing kit

After about 9 years I was able to install a new water pump and fix the suction line to my fresh water tank this year. Now I want to install the Camco RV pump converter winterizing kit so that I can suck the antifreeze from the container through the pump to winterized my fresh water system lines, including my RV 500 tankless water heater. Heres my question, on my 1976 31' sovereign the water pump is under the kitchen counter behind the stove. Not the easiest thing to get to. The instructions show connecting the 3-way T valve to the intake connection on the pump. I can get to the pump for the install of the 3-way T valve but for routine winterizing I don't want to dismantle the kitchen counter each time. Has anyone come up with a work around. I can see the pump from the small side access door to the 12V fuse panel and could maybe reach in and turn the 3-way valve but it would be close.

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
1993 30' Excella
1976 25' Tradewind
Flushing , Michigan
Did you ever come up with a solution? I am not sure there is enough room to install the pump converter kit, much less easily use it to winterize in my 1993 30' Excella--water pump location is beneath the "floor'" of the wardrobe amongst all the furnace outlet tubing lines. Any ideas are welcome.

steve46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
You could connect longer hose sections to the input and out put side of the "T valve" and bring it out to a location easier to get to when you winterize. Put a short hose on the winterizing side of the "T Valve" and just cap it off. Now during winterizing you would have easy access.

If you have a filter before the pump make sure that it is after the "T Valve as it has water in it and will freeze if it is on the suction side.

You mention the heater. Consider installing a By Pass Kit on the water heater and draining it before you winterize. Saves 5 gallons of antifreeze.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote