Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Holding it down.

With the weather getting warmer and the days getting longer it is time to drag the cloud home and start putting in all the parts I got this winter. One of those parts is the fresh water tank. I will be putting it in the same location as the original.

My question is how do you hold it down? Will the tank swell when filled?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
Tool Hoarder

Currently Looking...
West , California
Interesting queston, my 65 had aluminum straps that were screwed into the floor. I will probablly do something similar when I redo the plummbing.
marzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
In trying to resurrect our old water tank 2 summers ago, when it was out of the trailer, I filled it with water and cleaners. It swelled up a little but not much. The plastic was pretty rigid. I think it depends on how thick and rigid the walls of your particular water tank are. Ours is set under the floor of our trailer on a 1 inch thick piece of plywood (the original), and between the floor, plywood base, and the 4 frame pieces that make up the sides, it doesn't have room to swell up much anyway. Not sure where yours would be placed. Hope this helps in some way.

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote