Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #1
New Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3
Help with water faucet

Can I get help with rebuilding all of my faucets I have a 1969 Ambassador how do you get the center part out I have the neck and black o rings out do I need to do anything to the center of the kitchen faucet ? How do I remove it ? is there o rings in there also ? and is the shower facuet in the bath the same? Thanks Dan

Dan Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Tinsel Loaf's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 790
Depending on the type of faucets you have you may have to replace the seats. There is a tool that will fit into the seat and unscrew it so it can be replaced. If the seat is pitted the faucet may still drip even if the rubber gasket is replaced. What style and manufacturer of faucet do you have. can you show us some pictures of the "in progress job" that would help?

Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,941
Some valves are Moen other two handles are like Gerbers. Suggest you visit the local hardware store and determine what you have and buy std replacement parts and tools. Most A/S faucets are just conventional home type units and so you do not need any special RV type parts. Start by replacing all rubber parts they are mostlikely old and hard and will not seal well or faucet direction will not be easily moved. Assemble with lots of silicone valve grease. Clean or replace the airators while you are at it. Leave them off when you first start the system up for the first time as accumulated junk will plug them up and you will have to reclean. Same thing for the shower head.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
SilverSurfer's Avatar
1971 31' Sovereign
SANTA BARBARA , California
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 65
Images: 7
Kitchen faucet

I just replaced my leaky kitchen faucet by myself (you have to know I am not a plumber!) and if I can do it, so can anyone. I had to buy a faucet core puller device, works kind of like a wine corkscrew. Home Depot has them. Then, once I pulled the core out, I took it to the hardware place and found the same one. I am pretty sure they come with all the o-rings too. No more leaks!
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Water problems Dbraw Fresh Water Systems 14 10-03-2009 02:15 AM
Water Heater Craig 1978- 1979 Excella 500 7 10-01-2007 05:16 PM
travelling w/out water system maznblu Fresh Water Systems 6 09-09-2002 12:03 PM
Water Pump Dbraw Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps 6 06-15-2002 10:35 AM
Looking for ideas hot water FrankR Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps 3 05-09-2002 10:28 AM

Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.