Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

help with holding tank please

I'm trying to fill my holding tank and test my water system. Here is the problem... I have no clue which valves under my sink should be open and which should be closed. There are three valves under the sink. Problem is, when i turn the water pump on, water starts running out of the pipe located under the holding tank? Should all vaves be open? All valves be closed? Or a combination of open and closed? I feel very stupid and humbled, but I've tried every combination, and I'm not getting pressure. This is for a '71 Overlander.

Thanks,

Miles
milesmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
miles

two of the valves are for draining your water system when you winterize the trailer.
the other one is for draining the fresh water tank.

try closing all three.

john
Old 09-12-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Ok. Thanks. I'll try that. Any idea how long it should take to pressurize the system and fill hot water tank?

Thanks,

Miles
milesmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
the system should pressurize rapidly. not more than a couple of seconds once everything is filled with water.

my hot water heater will only fill if the faucets are open, purging the air.

john