Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Boulder , Colorado
Help: Shower and Toilet work; No water pressure in sinks

I hooked up to water at an RV Park. All looks normal except neither sink (kitchen or bath) have water pressure. The shower and toilet work fine.

What's up?
donshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Have you used the trailer since you de-winterized it? You may have a couple of valves in the wrong position.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Boulder , Colorado
Thanks. Yes, we used it once since de-winterizing. It worked fine then. I must say, I'm stumped. The valves under the bed control pressure to the sinks as well as the shower and toilet, so all should be working.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Boulder , Colorado
The solution was to sort of prime the hoses with some water in the holding tank by turning on the water pump. I also had to jiggle the kitchenette sink faucet back and forth to free up the water flow. Strange. This is s 2002 Bambi with newer fixtures.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Manasquan , New Jersey
Just happened to me and of course I was ready to take the entire plumbing system apart when I decided to call my local Airstream dealer... He said check the strainer in the faucets... I was amazed but both the kitchen and bathroom sinks where clogged solid. I had just come back from a 6 week trip and all was working fine... I must have just picked up some sand etc.
CountryBob is offline   Reply With Quote