Old 06-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Originally Posted by MelGoddard View Post
I use a Camco water filter in my City water inlet hose, and have a shut-off valve just downstream of it. I also have a 'reminder sign' on my door, telling me to shut off the water when I leave for a long time.
So far, no troubles.
As one who sometimes experiences a senior moment, I like the visual back-up idea Thx!

CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:33 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
I am not sure Bob, the check valve may be part of the filter assembly or the pump, but I am not going to remove that large drawer under the oven to check. And I know you understand! There may also be one inline between the filter and the tank, which might be visible in the rear storage area? Will look next time I am back there.

BTW I have not installed that little marine slide bolt to retain the large drawer in its closed position, and the recent trip involved some side-to-side curves which would have challenged the OEM drawer slide detente/keep-closed function. Did you put your keep-closed system in place when you went to Orca Island?

Funny you should ask as I've been thinking about it lately and maybe dropping by a hardware supplier to look for a cabinet lock that has a long throw to accommodate the drawer fascia.

I did use the angled bar on the trip and had no problems. I spaced it on the Orcas to Anacortes leg but all was fine. We bought a new (lighter weight) P&P set that really fits the drawer and keeps things from sliding around, whis I think was part of the problem.

Also I suspect that this all started when I caught the corner of a curb as we have a very tight turnaround at the end of our street and it goosed that side of the trailer. We also had heavier P & P's then that moved around a bit.

Having said that I still want to figure out a better way to secure the drawer. Your latch, even thought it slides into the thin drawer fascia, I suspect will be a good solution. I'll loop back after I explore the lock set. The angled adjustable shower rod, while functional is a bit of a Rube Goldberg visual.

CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote