Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Got this pic tonight at the storage facility. I'm underneath the trailer curbside behind the tires and the camera is shooting upward. You can see a whitish looking stain the middle of the box - I think that's probably chlorinated water dripping down from somewhere above the frame bar you can see in the pic. It's hard to catch the angle but the biggest part of the white stain is on the bottom of the tank which is parallel to the ground. Just a weird angle where the camera was shooting from.

Definitely something I'll bring to the dealer for warranty service.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-992297004.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	495.3 KB
ID:	188588
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Maybe you can fill the tank and take the trailer for a drive. After 1/2 an hour pull over and check underneath to see what is wet. Remove the access panel under the fridge behind the floor cabinet and it will expose the water pump and pipes and you should be able to see the water fill tube the floor opens up there to allow the water pump input pipe access from the water tank and to allow the fill tube to get to the water tank. You should be able to see the top of the water tank. See if you can feel water.

On my 2008 Classic 25 the aluminum box contains the gray and black holding tanks. The water tank doesn't protrude as far down and it is enclosed in a black plastic Rotocast liner.

From the hitch I have the Gray tank then the Black, axles then the Fresh water tank.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie
...it will expose the water pump and pipes and you should be able to see the water fill tube the floor opens up there to allow the water pump input pipe access from the water tank and to allow the fill tube to get to the water tank. You should be able to see the top of the water tank. See if you can feel water.
Excellent - thanks much Kelvin!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Maybe the best bet is to fill the tank and drive it to your dealer. Give them a heads up and when you arrive hopefully there is evidence of leaking. Maybe when towing the water tank has a leak due the frame twisting on the roads and it opens up a crack momentarily.

As mentioned earlier in this thread my water tank is enclosed by a Rotocast plastic liner and there is styrofoam used for support between the liner and tank. There are weep holes in the bottom of the of this liner. If a good amount of water got in between the tank and the liner I would imagine it would take a while for the water to drain out the weep holes in the bottom of the liner. The holes are about 1/8" and there are not too many of them.

Good luck with this problem.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Another oddity - filled the FW tank last night at the campground. On a side note - DW had a great idea. We have an outdoor shower near all our utilities. She suggested just pulling the shower head off and filling fW from the outdoor shower hose while connected to city water. That worked perfectly!

We decided to fill up at night while camping so we could see whether it leaked while stationary or only when driving. I didn't see any leaks all night and it remained 100% full for several hours before we went to bed. In the morning, the gauge said it was 7/8 full - better than half but still must be a leak somewhere (didn't see anything underneath.

So I figured it would be at half when we parked in the storage lot. After about 90 minutes on the road, the FW gauge still read 7/8 full! Just no idea what's going on here. Will call the dealer. Have a growing list of warranty repair items for them.

Wide open to your thoughts!!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
I had a water leak issue with my 2013 28' International. It was leaking water out of the bottom hole under the fresh water tank cover. The water level per the gauge would go from full to 7/8's of a tank over the course of a few hours. It ended up being the fresh water fill hose had a leak. Temp fix with JB Weld, off to the dealer to have the hose replaced on Thursday.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:12 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
South , South Dakota
Exactly what I found also thanks for the suggestion
rd tighe is offline   Reply With Quote