Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
San Diego , California
Fresh Water Sensor is Very Erratic

My fresh water sensor was stuck at 46% for the longest time. Now it is showing 17% -- but I am hooked up to city water with good pressure.

I am at a loss for how to troubleshoot this, especially as I am on the road.

If I am connected to city water, and have been connected all night, shouldn't my fresh water tank show 100%?

Note: I am a newbie, so possibly a newbie error. I have a 2016 Bambi 16'.

Appreciate any comments, thoughts, suggestions. Thanks!!
.julian
juliandurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
To fill the fresh water tank, it is behind a locked door on the port side near your shore water inlet.
To use your fresh water tank the water pump needs to be turned on.
Just like shore power, shore water only works when hooked up and on.
Otherwise the battery, and fresh water tank supply, when off shore systems.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Notice any water on the ground near where the fresh water tank is located. Did you check your fresh water drain valve? Is your water pump off? You could be sucking water out of the tank even with city water if the pressure drops when running a faucet etc.

Kelvin
Old 04-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #4

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I've found the SeeLevel tank monitors to be very sensitive to how level the trailer is. On my initial trip that really concerned me because I was sure water must be leaking somewhere when I checked it while hitched up and apparently pointing down a slight inclinde I didn't perceive, because later when I parked and leveled the trailer the level was the same as it had been before I left in the morning. I also encountered one day on which the overnight temperature dropped about 35 degrees from the daytime temp, and I think that condensation covered the inside of my tanks and the level reading went up on all tanks, which confused me but then when the day warmed up it went back to about what it had been reading the previous day.

As mentioned above, the level of your fresh tank shouldn't go up unless you manually fill it. Using the campground water source won't affect your fresh tank level.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
San Diego , California
Thank YOU folks!

Newbie mistake. I didn't realize filling the fresh water tank was different from just attaching city water. Two different intakes. Ah hah!

You folks are amazing, such quick responses! Thank you again.
.julian
juliandurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
I'm thinking you should make sure your pump is turned off too. No need for it when connected to city water.
ATownTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Englewood , Colorado
I don't know if your Bambi is different than my 2017 27fb international. When I hook up to city water my fresh water tank magically fills. I think there is an auto fill mechanism, no buttons required, that fills the fresh water side. At least that is what happens to me...
Tomhenritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Tom. You may have a bad check valve near/in your pump that is allowing water to enter the tank when attached to the city or camp ground source. There was another thread talking about this issue.

I'm pretty sure your fresh water frank should only fill if you fill it manually.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
On your year of Bambi, there is no autofill for the fresh water tank. The only way you can fill it is manually using the port on the outside...I believe that is on the street side near the front. To use water from the fresh water tank you need to have the water pump turned on.

When you are connected to city water, the water pump should be off ... it's not needed because the water pressure comes from the city water pressure. By the way, I'd recommend getting a water pressure reducer for your city water input...that just reduces normal city water pressure some so that you don't over-pressurize your system somewhere.

Good luck!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomhenritze View Post
I don't know if your Bambi is different than my 2017 27fb international. When I hook up to city water my fresh water tank magically fills. I think there is an auto fill mechanism, no buttons required, that fills the fresh water side. At least that is what happens to me...
Troutboy is right
There should be no auto-fill on the FW tank. That would mean you need to empty it every time you break camp or else you will be carrying a full charge of water down the road. At most I don't like to run with more than half unless I'm planning to Boondock
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote