Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2019, 07:24 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
Petrolia , Ontario
Utility hoses

As an Ontarian, I haven't been to a Provincial Park yet where I got away with less than 50' of water hose. Sometimes more, and the same statement for electrical. One sewer hose is always plenty, because there is only ever a dump station (no on site hook up) which is fine by me. It's the reason we have on board tanks.
Portage to Caravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:55 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Sometime , Alabama
Thank You!

Wow, so many helpful responses.
I'm feeling prepared to acquire appropriate hose lengths with confidence.
Thank You All!!!!
bigcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:47 AM   #23
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard!! 👍

First RV hose lesson I learned...If you want them to last do not leave them idle under pressure, especially if you are unsure of the water pressure, more important if you are using the flexible stretch type hose...the instructions I got with ours said do not leave under pressure for extended periods.🥴

We carry 100' of white hose, an adjustable pressure regulator with gauge, water thief for the spigot, dual outlet splitter. Portable water filter.

25' Dump hose, spare ends and connector.
👍

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 03-14-2019, 07:09 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Great info here. I just bought the Zero G Rv/marine hose to replace my Campo leak-O white hose. This thread brought up memories of trying to screw on the white hose to the trailer fitting. Ugh! Not really right.

I use brass quick fittings on my system as I have a few parts to put together. I go from spigot to regulator to 2' hose to water filter to 2' hose to the water softener and finally 25' to the trailer. Not all this comes out on a one night stay, but if we will stay 3 or more days, I use it.

These quick-fix hose connectors work very well and have an adjustment on them you need to work with later if you get a drip. You also need to wipe them very clean to keep a good seal. Overall, better than constantly screwing on the hose connector. Buy more than you think you need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:42 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
i carry at 25' and a 10' white water supply hose and store in the bumber. together they make 35'

thus i use as short as needed. never had a length issue
waninae39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Wichita Falls , TX
water hose

I have a 2019 FC. I have a pressure regulator, however, dealer indicated that the FC had internal pressure regulator and I would lose a lot of water pressure if I also used mine.
ga adkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Fresh Water Hose and Sewer Hose Length Dilemma

Dealer needs to explain that it depends on the quality of the external regulator. The Camco one with a gauge on it works way better than the cheap one that just does flow restriction (no gauge or adjustment knob). The cheap ones do mess up pressure and do not protect the hose.

A quality external regulator at the campground spigot will prevent your hose from bulging or bursting in case of high campground pressure. The gauge allows you to know what’s going on.

Dealer is missing an opportunity to sell you a decent regulator. Shame on him. 🤩

I always use a regulator unless campground pressure is below 30 pounds. It has happened only once. Usually it’s over 60, I’ve seen over 100 one place, and that’s rough on the hose.

Besides, the Airstream regulator is s cheap piece of plastic behind the inlet, and I’m not impressed with its ability to either regulate well, or not leak. They tend to drip under high input pressure no matter how tight you make the screws that hold them together.

Bottom line, use a good regulator, and it will be much easier.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

Wichita Falls , TX
pressure regulator

rmkrum good info on regulator. Do you have a model # on Camco regulator? Are there regulators out there with the gauges, but also allow you to adjust the pressure?
ga adkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Corona , California
Most regulators that have a gauge are also adjustable. I don’t have the data at hand any more. Check the specs for “adjustable” and look for the gauge. The gauge only measures output pressure, by the way. That’s all that you need.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
I carry a 10' and a 25' freshwater hose and a 25' orange hose to flush my grey tank. Most of the time I can get by with the 10' hose which is nice. For sewer i have 2 hoses that are in 10' sections. We added and extra hose holder under the trailer. Our trailers sewer valves are in front of the rear tires and it usually makes the distance too far for one standard 20' section.

"Life is a team sport"
czunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #31
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Most regulators that have a gauge are also adjustable. I don’t have the data at hand any more. Check the specs for “adjustable” and look for the gauge. The gauge only measures output pressure, by the way. That’s all that you need.
I have an adjustable that I've had for years, if it has a slot/nut it's adjustable, most all have a plug that will accept a gauge. I recently purchased an oil filled gauge and added it.

Bob
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1ea5.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	335763  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
I need 100' to hookup while I'm stored at home. So I have two 50' and one 25' white hoses. I carry them all when I travel. In my 25+ years of Airstreaming, only a few times have I needed a hose longer than 25'. But, when I need more I really need it!

I also have a cartridge type whole house water filter that I have permanently attached into a 10' white hose. Every once in a while, 10' is enough!

I also carry a colored hose to drain gray waste water into the Blueboy tote tank. That dinky little hose that comes with the tank is too short.
I also carry a different colored hose to use around the campsite, when I camp a long time at one site.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
50' blue hose in a hose carrier for fresh water, 25' hose (that shrivels up fast and very light) for washing out the black water tank. 50' black hose if I use the macerator. 2 10' hoses for emptying tanks; one in the tube, one in storage that I clean out with a tube cleaner. Once in awhile dump stations can be hard to get to, and I was very thankful that that extra length on one occasion. All my hoses are the very flexible type that are very easy to deal with in hot or cold weather.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Like many I carry a 25 and 50 foot white hose for drinking water and a short green hose for waste. Just be sure not to mix them
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:25 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Arvada , Colorado
We carry a 25' water hose plus a replacement; a 25' "grey" water hose used for flushing, etc; 2 standard length sewer hoses, plus a replacement. We also carry an extra sewer connector.
Jack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:56 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Vacaville , California
I carry 25’ potable water hoses x2, one gray hose for non potable water cleanup and 3 lengths of 10’ sewer hose and a water bandit, and I’ve needed them all from time to time. The couple that does “The Long, Long Honeymoon” on YouTube gave very sage advice when setting up your campground. Position the trailer to be closest to the sewer connection first, the rest will fall into place. So true! Even with city water hookups, I’ve started just filling my tank and using the pump. It saves concerns over water pressure variations at campgrounds and a possible “blow out.”
Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
We carry a 25', 50' and another 25' hose. There have been a couple situations when we were boondocking where a hydrant was available at a park that was about 80' away.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2017 19' International
Tallahassee , Florida
If you have an adjustable water-pressure regulator, at what pressure do you set the flow?
WhereStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Corona , California
Fresh Water Hose and Sewer Hose Length Dilemma

I set to 50 pounds or less by the built-in gauge to keep the strain off the hose. This seems to get enough flow through the tankless water heater.

The previous cheap fixed regulator did not allow enough flow in some campgrounds, and made my hose bulge when not flowing water. Chucked it out and got a decent one instead. No issues to date.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #40
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
I don't use city water directly, all use is from the FW tank. I use the regulator, set at 40psi, on the CG 'spigot' to preserve our flex hose while filling the tank or when using the hose.

POI...we don't Resort Glamp.

Bob
🇺🇸