Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2017, 10:42 PM   #1
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Fresh Water fill door replacement

Howdy.. I need to remove the Fresh Water fill door. After removing the screws I am gently prying.. without much success... will try adding heat...

On our 34' 1999 it appears the water fill plumbing is routed between the outer and inner fender (inside trim) well.

Has anyone accessed these items on a similar trailer?
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
Howdy.. I need to remove the Fresh Water fill door. After removing the screws I am gently prying.. without much success... will try adding heat...

On our 34' 1999 it appears the water fill plumbing is routed between the outer and inner fender (inside trim) well.

Hi, my trailer had a slit filler hose/tube; I tried to remove my fresh water door assembly and it would not come out. Airstream uses about ten pounds of sealer on the inside of the skin. I tried cutting from the outside and later resealed the outside and replaced the hose/tube from inside the cabinets. It was very difficult to do, but I was able to get it done. It would have been much easier it I could have removed the door assembly. I didn't want to damage the skin while trying to get it out.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post

Channing,

Seems like I am always seeking your advice. Since we have the same 34' trailer it seems that we have very similar repairs that are necessary. I appreciate all of the good advice and information you have shared.

The water filler hose is leaking on my 34'. I enlarged the access door so that I can see where the hose connects to the fitting that is screwed into the fresh water tank. The leak is just above the clamp. My intention is to remove and replace the hose. To do that I need to remove the filler door first.

I've removed the four screws that hold the filler door. Then I slid a putty knife into the perimeter all four sides, cutting through a two sided tape and the caulk that was around the perimeter. I've pried fairly hard but the filler door will not budge.

Did you successfully remove the door? Did you replace the filler hose and the vent without removing the tank cover?

I'm wondering if you have any advice to share.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #4
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Ok... guess you didn’t get my reply to give me a call....

The tank cover comes off. Without removing The cover there is no way to reach the hose well enough to repair.

The water door has globs of sealant behind so I did not bother with that since I did not have a replacement. One day I will replace but prepping for Doswell!!!

Call 512-940-8334

Channing
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote