Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2003, 08:11 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Fresh water drain ?

Really a dumb question but I can't find my fresh water drain on my 87 345 M/H and looked in book and still can't find where it says the drain handle is....
TexasStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Douglas.

You are using the low point drain. There should also be a drain for the fresh water tank itself. This will be (if original) a white plastic faucet coming from the tank through the steel tank cover and is located roughly just behind and above the axles, on the curb side. It is not very conveniently located for easy access.

I have no idea how a motorhome is configured.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:01 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

I will crawl underneath again and look for the drain, I can't understand why my book does not say where it is because I have read it over and over and it is not in there and being the new owner of this M/H I just can't find it. Thanks for your help as always !
Old 10-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
The valves you are looking for are under the bed, or in the bottom of the cabinet that is under the rear windows.

If you remove the mattress you will find an access cover . Pull it and the pump and valves will be under it. I say valves because you should have a tank drain, a cold water system drain and a hot water system drain. The will be grey handles that are connected to pipes that run into the floor.

The other way to find the valves is from underneath. The outlets just stick out of the floor. Find the pipes and you know where to look inside.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:29 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

I had lifted the bed before running some cable and saw the valves you are talking about, there are quite a few of them but thought why would A/S put the fresh water release in a place that was so hard to get to ?
Old 10-29-2003, 06:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Potable Water Drain

Not necessary to pull the mattress.

Just to the aft of the mattress, between the bed and the rear window shelf, is an access panel/night stand. The panel is about 10" X 14", held in place by 4 screws. You can simply lay across the bed and work on the valves. The air compressor is also located in this "hole", but you do have to remove the mattress and starboard bed panels to pull the air compressor.

I think the potable water drain is the one to the right.

The clear tube penetrating the floor next to the right hand valve is the potable tank overflow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regulator, check valve, and drains[1].jpg
Views:	278
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	3610  

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for the photo Dennis, I will be dumping tank next several days and a big thank you for all the advice from the forum !