Old 04-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
We've been on the road for nine months. If some air gets into the lines it will work itself out. I'm not about to waste any water that I had to go find and carry just to flush the air out.

My pump does not drain by itself. There seems to always be water in the filter.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Not a High School Debate about water pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
We've been on the road for nine months. If some air gets into the lines it will work itself out. I'm not about to waste any water that I had to go find and carry just to flush the air out.

My pump does not drain by itself. There seems to always be water in the filter.

This must be a debate in High School.

I flush the system at Home. I do not live nine months on the road, but if I did I would also find that I do not have air in the system. I know nothing about your water pump. You may have a nicer trailer than I do.

Maybe we can debate geology, paleontology or adjusting valves on a 427 cubic inch engine, as well.

Folks. Again. I have no clue what some people consider an issue, or not. It is beyond me to 'defend' what I do and then have to go on and on over minor details of no value to the overall discussion. It actually discourages people from participating. I have NEVER had to look at my water pump's filter... ever. I have NEVER had to upgrade, downgrade or carry an extra water pump along for the ride. I have not had a water pump failure. I do not need special clamps, drains or a water pump to transfer water from a water jug to the fresh water inlet.

I do not judge other people's housekeeping. We are all comfortable in how we find ourselves.

I do not involve myself in these kinds of issues. I just... do not... care.

I do not debate toilet paper. I do not debate water pump brands. I offer Common Sense approaches we learned the hard way. I do not debate Nitrogen or Air used in inflating our vehicle's or trailer's tires. If you do otherwise... I do not care. It is a personal practice and not for everyone. Some people have some pretty weird ideas and I try to ignore most.

Some Thread topics I just ignore. Some are very helpful and I practice these improvements myself. Some subjects have not been discussed before in detail. Flushing your Trailer's water system I feel has been ignored, until now.

The intent of my Thread was not to discuss Airstream's choice(s) in water pumps. It works. It is noisy when we are awake and using it. When there is air in the system, you will know after this Thread.

My point. If you disagree, just say why it is not so. There is no reward at the end of this Rainbow for the time and effort to try to get each possible reason for the water system operation. You could have calcite from the hot water tank clogging your hot water valve or faucet screen. That is another Thread in the making.