Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2008 19' International CCD
Spring , Texas
Originally Posted by stu.cruz View Post
hi. i am new to this game. thus far, i've just been filling my dry camping fresh water tank, using that water, then refilling. i ran out of water tonight and thought i'd try to use the hookup camping water option. so i plugged the hose in and turned on the water hookup. the light on the monitor kept blinking red for fresh water. why? additionally, when i turned the water heater on the water stayed cold, even after 15-20 minutes. why?

i understand these questions is pretty lame. i'm about as green as they come.

thanks, stu

Welcome to the forums. Here is what I learned so far; not much and it takes my wife to back me up!

White Water tank - red = empty; green = full to something less; yellow = probably should refill; if you are using the tank. All of our camping to date has been at parks where we hook up to a water supply; therefore our white water tank reading is always red.
Black & Gray Water - green = empty to partially full; yellow = think about dumping your tanks; red = find a dump station real fast.
LPG - green = full to partially full; yellow = top off; red = fill up as soon as possible.

Hot water tank (thanks to my wife's checklist) - 1. make sure the LPG tank valves are open; 2. Turn the hot water tank switch on; 3. Go outside and make that heater has fired up.

Keep the questions coming; I learn something new all the time.

eleighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I HAVE a 2006 25 FB Safari

Probably VERY similar to yours.

1 on the street side you have three places where you can stick a fresh water hose.
  1. the fresh tank - it's behind a door that you open then take off a gray plastic cap - DON'T just cram your hose in there and fill - there is back pressure from air trying to escape the tank, and you may fill too fast causing the tank to deform and possibly warping your floor! WATCH it fill and make sure the air is exhausting easily.
  2. the black tank FLUSH - not clearly enough marked, but it's right ABOVE the fresh water intake - it's a cheap black valve with a plastic lid that often pops off. Over fill this one, you'll have sh** coming out the air stack on your roof. The black tank flush should be used only when you're dumping your tanks.
  3. The fresh water inlet, also on the exterior, also black, but with a cap on a chain and a hand friendly tightening ring to secure your white hose without leaking
On your water heater - it lights automatically IF you turn it on. In my Airstream the control is IN the bathroom next to the bathroom lights - the bathroom lights are the left switch, the water heater switch is in the middle and the ON indicator light is on the right. It is red and will only come on when the tank lights. It normally stays on for 30 seconds or less. If it's on solid, you're out of propane, or need to switch to the second tank. Every now and then it just fails to light, in which case you turn it off, wait a few seconds and turn it on again.

WARNING WARNING WARNING - if your propane tanks are empty and you take them off to have them refilled, you should turn off your water tank, your stove/oven and make sure your refrigerator is on electric - or turned off momentarily. If you have a heat pump or A/C with heat strips, make sure it's not so cold that the furnace might kick on, or momentarily turn off the heating. Install the tanks and open one or both, light a burner long enough to exhaust the air from the lines, then turn on your water heater and other appliances that might use gas. .... if you don't maybe nothing bad will happen, but you and your rig might go BOOM!

Welcome.... there are no stupid questions... there's just being smart enough to know you're a newbie!

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2009 25' SS International
Pasadena , California
I always keep some water in all tanks to keep the seals moist - and clean while driving...

Good pointer with the gas... Not needed if you fill on at at a time for continuous operation...

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask...

flmgrip is offline   Reply With Quote