Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #15
Rivet Master
 
murreywalker's Avatar
 
2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 734
Images: 1
Brian PEX is ubiquitous in the RV industry.

And it's working its way into other applications as well.

The simplicity of fitting pipes made of this material together is not only cost efficient, but anyone can do it with a minimal investment.

Spend some time looking at PEX videos, and I think you'll agree.
__________________

__________________
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
 
1985 31' Excella
Fresno , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 307
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by murreywalker View Post
Brian PEX is ubiquitous in the RV industry.

And it's working its way into other applications as well.

The simplicity of fitting pipes made of this material together is not only cost efficient, but anyone can do it with a minimal investment.

Spend some time looking at PEX videos, and I think you'll agree.
PEX is used in almost all new homes and apartments now. Homes are plumed now from a manifold usually in the garage and there are no more daisy chained plumbing feeds, each faucet or appliance has its own dedicated service that has a cut off valve at the manifold. If you get a leak somewhere it doesn't require everything to be shut off.
__________________

__________________
Wsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #17
Rivet Master
 
TG Twinkie's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,139
Images: 2
Blog Entries: 5
I used Flair It fittings throughout my trailer and they all work fine except for the Valve fitting. I found it does not prevent water from back flowing when shut off. Each valve has an arrow depicting the direction of flow and it will stop the flow from that direction. They do not stop the flow in the opposite direction.
I came across a ball valve at Menards and picked up 5 of them; plan to replace the Flair It valves with the ball valves.
I bought all of the Flair It fittings Online.
__________________
Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
 
bwbuer's Avatar
 
1968 24' Tradewind
Suffolk , Virginia
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
Images: 5
Sharkbites are the cats mow! And there valves are smooth as butter. They definitely not cheap but very well made and easy to use especially in tight spaces. Just my 2 cents from experience.
__________________
bwbuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:36 AM   #19
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,268
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 51
Hi, my 2005 Safari has PEX and if you check out my blog, you will see what I had to do to change my bathroom faucet. I now carry the copper rings and the crimping tool, just because I have it now. As for parts, I would only carry a few feet of 1/2" PEX and a few brass connectors. I don't carry any parts because it is so easy to buy them at Lowes or Home Depot.
__________________
Bob

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #20
Rivet Master
 
Wingeezer's Avatar
 
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, my 2005 Safari has PEX and if you check out my blog, you will see what I had to do to change my bathroom faucet. I now carry the copper rings and the crimping tool, just because I have it now. As for parts, I would only carry a few feet of 1/2" PEX and a few brass connectors. I don't carry any parts because it is so easy to buy them at Lowes or Home Depot.
Bob - great blog, many thanks! - Brian
__________________
Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #21
Rivet Master
 
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,717

Thank You!
__________________
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #22
Rivet Master
 
Phrunes's Avatar
 
1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwbuer
Sharkbites are the cats mow! And there valves are smooth as butter. They definitely not cheap but very well made and easy to use especially in tight spaces. Just my 2 cents from experience.
I wholeheartedly agree! SharkBites are 'da bomb!
__________________

__________________
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEX Replacement CAN NOT BE DONE...'75 Tradewind... onemanclan Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures 40 04-16-2011 09:50 PM
'73 Argosy 24ft Plumbing Schematic?? suz272000 All Argosy Trailers 11 04-04-2011 11:54 AM
PEX Diverter?? wworx Fresh Water Systems 6 02-15-2011 02:28 PM
Pex for fresh tank outlet DanielB Fresh Water Systems 12 01-23-2011 05:10 PM
Installing Propane light lucymcdog LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators 69 01-23-2011 12:12 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.