Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
Landenberg , Pennsylvania
City water inlet and drain location advice

I am re plumbing my overlander rear bath. I am wondering if there are any recommendations on where to locate the city water inlet and the system drain?
It looks like on the old system the inlet came in from the rear corner. and that the Drain went down through the black tank holding tray but I am unsure of the route either one took as this was all dismantled by previous owner.

for the inlet I was thinking of using something like this through the banana skin in the rear corner. http://ecx.imagesamazon.com/images/I...L._SL1089_.jpg
dkrukosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrukosky View Post
I am re plumbing my overlander rear bath. I am wondering if there are any recommendations on where to locate the city water inlet and the system drain?
It looks like on the old system the inlet came in from the rear corner. and that the Drain went down through the black tank holding tray but I am unsure of the route either one took as this was all dismantled by previous owner.

for the inlet I was thinking of using something like this through the banana skin in the rear corner. http://ecx.imagesamazon.com/images/I...L._SL1089_.jpg
I'd suggest putting the city water inlet right where it was before. Why put another hole in your Airstream's outer skin if you don't have to? If the location is inconvenient from an interior standpoint, then directly inside from the inlet, put an elbow and route the line wherever it needs to go. Oh, and don't forget to plumb in a pressure regulator, as close to the inlet as possible.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I'd suggest putting the city water inlet right where it was before. Why put another hole in your Airstream's outer skin if you don't have to? If the location is inconvenient from an interior standpoint, then directly inside from the inlet, put an elbow and route the line wherever it needs to go. Oh, and don't forget to plumb in a pressure regulator, as close to the inlet as possible.
thanks but I dont have a hole for the inlet. I think the old inlet went through the floor and a hose connected under the trailer. I am not sure as it was all dismantled by the previous owner. I now have a new floor so I am not even sure where the original hole though the floor was this area was all rotted away so I did not have a pattern for the location.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
where is the water city water hook up on new airstreams?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
I am hoping to finish up the rough plumbing this weekend. If anyone can post a pic of there rear drain setup and city water inlet I would be very grateful.

My thought is to put the inlet through the street-side rear banana skin and the drain through the floor in that same area.

1975 Airstream overlander restoration
Old 02-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Adair , Oklahoma
City Water Inlet on 74 Sovereign

Here is a pic of the city water inlet on our '74 Sovereign. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Water Inlet 002.JPG
Views:	1473
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	179577  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
I moved my water supply from the bumper/ black tank connection area. Like the one shown above forward of the hot water heater. It required cutting two holes into the side of the AS, and it was SO Painful!! It just seemed nasty to have my fresh water connection right next to the stinky slinky connection. I struggled to figure out what to use. I did not like the look of the grey or white fill boxes, thought of having a SS box made, but went with this in the end.

I have a by pass valve by the 12v water pump. Turn that while hooked up to city water and it fills the holding tank. Shut if off when it's filled. The second connection is the air line.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-892864846.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	179578   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-469960239.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	461.9 KB
ID:	179579  

Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
thanks and drain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASRookie View Post
Here is a pic of the city water inlet on our '74 Sovereign. Hope this helps.
Can you tell me the path of your rear drain? I believe the valve should be just inside your trunk on the right but what path dose the drain hose take from the valve?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Right now it hangs straight down and would go through the belly pan. I have been thinking about putting a hose fitting on the end so it can also be used as a outside water faucet. Outside showers, hosing down the kids and dogs, washing off equipment, ect.

But I'm sure there are many other ways of running the drain line..

Not the best pic, just left of the pressure gauge is the drain valves.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-362364424.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	468.0 KB
ID:	179582   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3914186933.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	537.1 KB
ID:	179583  

Name:	image-742873963.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	435.4 KB
ID:	179584  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Adair , Oklahoma
Cold & Hot water drains

The PO installed PEX and removed the old lines and there drain valves. They did leave capped off lines for future use as drains and both are located just in front of the black water drain valve. I'll add valves when the weather warms up.