Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
northville , Michigan
city water inlet

Help!!! I have searched and can't seem to find what I need... Has anyone replaced a below(beside) the bumper city inlet with one that can be mounted on the side of an Argosy? The copper pipe leading up to the preasure valve split yesterday and I figured since it have to fix it anyway I might beable to make it a little more convienant.
Thanks for all the info you all have unknowingly helped me with. I have spent the last four week reduing a 78 Argosy for my daughter(it's a suprise)and many hours reading these forums.
She is a river guide on the Colorado river...She ores the Grand Canyon from April through October. She needs this for the time she is off the river. I've been working to hard to introduce myself. Just wanted to thank you all for the great info. I couldn't have done it without you.
riverrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Can you post a pic of how the original inlet is mounted?

I just recently replaced mine w/ pex and sharkbite fittings...but its the same basic setup as what was originally there. On my trailer, the water supply enters in the back corner...which is a compound curve that would make it difficult to install one of those body-mounted inlets.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
City Water Inlet

I moved mine from under the rear corner too the side just behind the wheels. Mine was a 24' with twin beds. The inlet was under the streetside twin bed.
If you need more help call me at 512-497=5120.

Gunny
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

northville , Michigan
city water inlet

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll go take pics and post. I have it parked at my moms. With a workshop and a barn I'm finding all kinds of OLD replacement parts from the days I used to help my dad refurbish cars.
The inlet is located at the very rear curve of the trailer. very hard to get to even for me. (don't know how you men get into those tight spaces without tearing everything out.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
When I redid the plumbing in our Safari, I used a small exterior water inlet from a local RV parts store. By locating it in an area with minimum curvature, I got it to fit OK.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

northville , Michigan
Do you have any pics you could add? I've just spent the last hour looking for my camera (with no luck) Really interested in how you set up the inside lines. Thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

northville , Michigan
Chuck and Gunny, Thanks for the offer of a phone # Gunny. I'm going to go and get a few parts. I'll give you a call if I run into any snags. I don't think I can move it up that far. I want to use the check valve and pressure regulator(have and extra pressure reulator on hose, just incase) that are in place above the original inlet. They both seem to be working fine(or where before the pipe split). Did you use a flex hose or copper leading from the inlet to your water lines?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Here's my thread from this recent repair:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f443...fix-50465.html

second-to-last post shows the end result. I removed the regulator...there wasn't room for it, what with the bulk of those sharkbite fittings. Like I said in that thread, there is a shortage of lateral space with this configuration...

anyway, you can see the white plastic (pex) pipe, that replaced the copper riser.
the sharkbite fittings are what made it possible for me to do this, without removing the bathroom. Just snapped the pieces together, and slid it down the existing hole in the floor, with that riser dangling down. Then I went outside, cut the pipe to length, and snapped on the drop ear elbow, and screwed it onto the frame. (I did have to drill one little hole in the frame, as the new elbow had differently spaced screw holes from the old one. I never took a pic of the outside, because it looks pretty much just like the original config.
I think this is the only time I ever "fixed" something, and putting it back together was actually easier and faster than taking it apart.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote