Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
St. Paul , Minnesota
Love my Zero-G
rothse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRH View Post
I have been using the same cheapo white hoses from Walmart for 10 years.
Me too. I can't convince my wife that dirt on the outside of the hose doesn't contaminate the water so I just buy the cheapest drinking water hose I can find each season and throw the old one away or use it in the yard. I do have a 10 ft hose from camping world I have had for several years and it does not seem to get dirty so she doesn't complain but it is too short to use most places.
Jacob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Couple questions for the experts (I am not one)

Is "drinking water safe" the same thing as "approved for potable water"? (I would guess so, but the white RV ones I've seen say "potable".)

Where are you guys getting these curly blue hoses? (I took a quick look at Amazon but could not find a curly blue hose that was "potable")

Do you ever have problems with the smaller ID of the curly hoses restricting water volume? (IIRC my '16 30' FC has a 65 psi water pressure regulator after the inlet; I'm wondering if it really makes any difference to use a curly blue hose or a 5/8" or 3/4" white RV hose).

Thanks!

Rich
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Yes, potable means drinkable.
ATownTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:31 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2014 19' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
Water hose storage

Newbie airstreamer, I was curious as to how you all store and carry your freash water hose? How much hose you carry? What type of hose you use, i.e. White hard to coil type or one of the new expandable hoses?
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
I store my 25' water hose wrapped around a Bayco cord organizer, $7 or so at Lowe's or WalMart:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bayco-150-f...anizer/3129447

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	286357

Actually I have four of these organizers; with a couple dedicated to 100' extension cords.

I just buy the Camco 5/8" white RV hoses. 25' seems to work well in most cases.

For washing the truck or tank clean out, I have two 25' lengths of black expanding hose that I picked up cheap on an Amazon sale last year.

I use a Y-adapter from the spigot. One side goes to my filter and fresh water supply. The other side is available for whatever I need it for.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
My solution is to "Over/Under" when you coil it up.
Then it lays without twists when you use it.
It's hard to describe but simple to do. Now I over/under my ac cords, hose, rope, anything that wants to twist up on you.
New hoses are machine wound at the factory, so they will look like a spring when pulled out. When new, lay it in the sun and get the twists out.

Once wound, I secure it with a bungee ball.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote