Old 09-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1988 25' Excella
Trumbull , Connecticut
Can pex be attached to plumbing in 1988 AS?

Hello. I have a 1988 25" Excella that has the original grey very rigid fresh water tubing. I want to make some modifications but don't want to rip out the existing tubing. Can the PEX tubing and fittings be mated to the original tubing?
Also getting old and it's hard to get down to hook up the sewer drain hose. Has anyone extended the trailer drain connection so it comes closer to the outside of the trailer, or any other ideas you might have.
Thanks, nm1oqrz

nm1oqrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Rivet Idiot
1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Over Yonder , Florida
Yes, they make fittings that have one end to connect to the Poly and one end to connect to the Pex. Crimp rings are different also in the packs I bought from Lowes. Copper for the Poly and black for the Pex.
You can also buy extensions for the sewer connection. I had to buy a 9" so my sewer solutions would clear the valves. I bought a clear one so I can see how dirty everything is.
Regards and hope this helps,

AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Take a look at Shark Bite fittings. They are right beside PEX in the plumbing sales areas.
"If it can't be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled or composted
then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production."
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I also have a 88, 25' Excella. I have done a bit of plumbing with the PEX. I use the white pex from Lowes, the brass fittings, and the stainless steel crimp rings that look just like the ones in the trailer. The crimp tool costs $40. It all works very well and works well on the grey lines. The trailer has both 1/2" and 3/8" lines. The same crimp tool works with both sizes. Get the cutter for the PEX also. Whatever fittings you use it is easier with a clean, square cut. I used the Shark bite fittings in some spots before I got the crimper. About 5 crimp joints instead of Shark bite will pay for the tool. Sometimes there is a joint where you can not crimp easily. Plan ahead and do as much of it outside the trailer as you can and put it in as an assembly with joints where you can reach them. Lowes and Home Depot both stock stuff, sometimes different stuff, so you might have to look around. You can pretty much get all the fittings you need for the crimp on system. Faucet attachements, valves, etc.
Bill M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Not sure about your 88. I attached pex to my copper with no problems.
Click on the link to see a picture of the Sioux River falls near my home.
Eastern South Dakota is very pretty with hills, rivers, and trees.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
1984 31' Sovereign
1978 Argosy 24
Zavalla , Texas
You can also get pex "quick connect" fittings that are much easier to hook up and they work. They are made by Watts and you can usually get them at Home Depot and most hardware stores.

Orlop is offline   Reply With Quote