Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Ogden , Utah
Aqua Saver Installation Tips?

I just received a device called the 'Aqua Saver' that installs in the fresh water tank. You drill a 7 1/4" hole and once the Saver is installed, you have an opening you can use to clean the inside of the tank. The adverstising is about saving water when cleaning the tank vs. the conventional way - but I'm more interested in being able to clean (and dry for winter storage) the tank, in person.

Is anyone already using this device? Any tips on the installation? It looks pretty straight forward, but I'm always eager to learn the easy way!

Thanks for any replies
Bob
RDM16CCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Ogden , Utah
Update - Installed It

Guess I must be the first to install one of these, so here's an update

The Aqua Saver is a device that installs in the fresh water tank, that has an opening big enough to reach in and clean and dry the inside of the tank. It takes a 7.25 inch hole (the company rented me a special hole saw especially for this). The mounting flange attaches with 8 bolts, and there is a threaded cap that seals so it is water tight.

It took about 30 minutes to install, and appears to be a high quality. I won't be able to try it on the road until next season. It was a good feeling, to get inside the tank and wipe down and dry everything for the winter. Next spring I'll be able to sanitize the tank directly, and expect it to take much less time and water to get back in service, and it will be easier to clean the tank from time to time.

Just thought I'd share with everyone. Seems to be a good product and an easy installation, and the company (PJB Industries) handled the order in an outstanding way.

Bob
RDM16CCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I put a handhole in my blacktank. Bought it at a marine store. Cost $15.

It's fun to take the cover off and watch the tank flusher spin around. Wouldn't try that after it's been used though.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote