Old 06-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #29
1974 28' Argosy TT

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to stinkytwinky
Cool My 2 Cents

For those of you who would like I will try and get the MSDS they sent with the product in an online format format for all to view. Until then you might be able to acquire that information from Ellsworth. I for one feel that if the pp and pe are good enough to use for drinking water and this product is designed specifically for the repair of pp and pe why would it be harmful. I know that last statement will spark a few debates, but lets wait and see what the MSDS has to say when I post it. My crack is high enough it will hardly ever touch water anyways.

Also, a side note, "they" say it is bad to drink out of a garden hose, however I have lived to 36 so far and I drank from a garden hose many times when I was younger (I didn't know any better then). If we all got freaked out about every little thing that "could" harm us we would need to "cleans" the Earth.

Gotta do some work today, I will write later.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #30
1974 28' Argosy TT

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to stinkytwinky
Angry Fresh water tank on 74 28' Argosy repair did not hold

Hey Driftwood that fix with DP 8005 did not hold. It may hold in a different area not under so much stress, but I hadn't even put the filler tube on and it broke inward again. I might mention that the DP 8005 still is as hard as a rock, however the bond with one side is gone. Well I guess a new tank is in order. I might list this in the classifieds section for a cheap price and maybe some ambitious individual will attempt to fix it. I cannot afford to keep trying to fix it and at $121 for a new one I cannot complain.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:08 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
The Leak (Part 2)

Well, we got one trip out of our "repaired" fresh water tank back in May. As you may remember, I used the Permatex "Plastic Tank Repair Kit" to fix a crack in the tank before that trip.

Today we were preparing for our next trip and the tank began leaking worse than ever. I'm not sure if the fix failed, or if we have developed a second unrelated leak, but in any case, more water is leaking now than there was originally. I can't figure out where the water is coming from this time. Looks like this trip will have to be with an empty tank relying on "city water" where possible.

I may have to call in the Cavalry on this one. I think it will be time to replace the tank upon our return home. The two questions to be answered are:

1. Is a "drop in" replacement fresh water tank for a 1985 25' Sovereign available from Airstream or another source? (I know there are places that will custom make a tank to your dimensions, but I hope a correct replacement is available, instead of going the custom route. It seems like that should present less challenges and I certainly don't want to loose the gauge sense points.)

2. Is this a "do it yourself" type of repair, or should I ante up the bucks to have it done at the Airstream Factory or somewhere else? It looks like the tank can be dropped from below, but it is likely heavy and awkward for one person to handle and I'd probably have to get the trailer up some distance off the ground to give me room to work. I also wonder of I can easily get to the hose and gauge connections. Oh yeah, and do all of this without getting my Home Owners Association tied back up in knots.

At a minumum, a call to the factory may be in order to at least price out the options (at least they are close enough to consider as a repair option).

Any advice?

Joe
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:58 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Move to the top?

Trying anything to get this message to show up in the "Recent Posts". If it does show up this time, please look to my most recent reply to see if you can offer any advice. Thanks.

WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote