Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Scottsdale , Arizona
'64 Safari

There is a hose bib on the right and left side of the rear bumper. Is this where I hook up to city water? If so I must need a hose with two female ends. Have not seen one of those.

achip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

I doubt the two hose bibbs were original. Probably some modification of a previous owner. Water connection should be under the trailer, either just in front or just behind the wheel well on the roadside. Check to see where the pipes lead from the hose bibbs - they were probably an attempt to get a water supply out of the trailer, not in. Darol
Darol Ingalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Welcome achip ~

Always like to see another Valley resident join in on our fun. How long have you had your Safari? I'll bet Darol is right. A PO may have done some modifications to suit their needs. Trace the plumbing and let us know.

Again welcome.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Scottsdale , Arizona
In front of the wheel on the street side is a black ABS cap. I removed the bench seat and found the port hole on the street side goes to nothing. There is a supply line with a bolt stuck in it like a cap under the bench seat. I can only assume a holding tank was once here. Where do I get a tank with the proper hook ups? Can you give me any advice on a water pumps?

I picked up the Safari yesterday and started checking things out. I remodel homes here in the valley and I have seen every jury rig repair every created by man. This Safari would be a building inspector's nightmare.

Thank for your help
achip is offline   Reply With Quote