Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2017, 07:53 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Mine was manufactured in August, we took delivery in late September. Mine appears to be different from others so, I like different.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:55 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.mileur View Post
I ran around this problem after delivery as I read the manual about the Store button, but when in Store, all DC went dead. Thought it was broke, found out Delivery Dealer doesn't have drawings, contacted CS @ AS and found out that portion of the manual was incorrect (to be revised). On page 8-15, push the Store button, the PMM disconnects power to the G6 (DC push button fuse panel), all DC goes dead. The switch is under the rear dinette seat on mine. AS confirmed that was the way it was (supposed to be). You should be able to hear it switch on and off with the Store switch. Doesn't disconnect the DC fuse block for jacks, 7-pin cable, batteries, CO monitor, and brakes. The Inverter should still work, based on the drawing, never tried it in Store.
Under rear seat of Dinette? I've got nothing but a mess of wires, which I straightened out. No switch.

I was actually told by AS, as I posted that the inability to shut the DC off when connected to shore power by putting the battery disconnect in store was what is correct. Seems: Another rolling change?

Bud
Old 09-19-2017, 08:25 AM   #23
ObviouslyKnot

Currently Looking...
KAILUA , HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

So... when did each of these trailers leave the factory? I believe mine came out in September.

Bob
Mine built/delivered in Oct 16. So, Bud, your DC panel stays on in Store mode means you're missing a switch module that is shown in the drawing. Take another look in that rats nest for a 4" x 6" panel with two big red wires and cat 5 cable, maybe. Do you have DC fuses on front of the converter or the G6 panel with push button fuses under right wardrobe?

If it doesn't kill the DC distribution (less vital loads), what good is the Store switch?
Old 09-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
I will check next time I am over to the storage facility under the dinette seat, but I am pretty sure I'd have noticed a 4"x6" panel when working in their and vacuuming all the sawdust. Mine are push button fuses under the right hand wardrobe door and over the converter under the left wardrobe have only circuit breakers.

The Store Switch I was told is to disconnect the batteries only when the trailer is not connected to shore power, which will save the batteries from all but the monitors we cannot turn off, the inverter if left on or anything is plugged into an inverter only outlet.

This is great.

Bud
Old 09-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #25
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I most certainly would *not* take any of this as "right vs wrong" in terms of how the trailers are set up. It's just another wrinkle in the great AS saga of partially documented stuff.

As far as I can tell, the inverters are all wired directly to the battery. It's one of those "phantom" loads you can't do anything about. It's high enough current / sensitive to cable loss that it's better to do a straight run.

We have Hurricane Jose pumping wind and rain into the campsite here. The dogs just knocked over the water bowl so I was crawling around on the floor / pulling panels to mop that up. I confirmed a couple of wiring questions doing that. (My sub woofer *is* dead nuts in the middle of the sofa ...). I may dig in under the dinette next. I haven't been poking at the Alde stuff in weeks ....

I still haven't quite worked out how to pull the "Firefly" panel that's under the wardrobe. It seems like it should be easy, but I haven't either applied enough force or found the magic catch ....

Bob
uncle_bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #26
ObviouslyKnot

Currently Looking...
KAILUA , HI
Firefly under the Wardrobe? You mean the DC panel, G6? The 30 year service guy at delivery told me, "that's one of those panels you don't want to open too often, due to all winky little connectors that get flexed when you remove it and reinstall it. " [emoji13]

The two finger holes on the sides are only moderately useful. The snap hooks are at 12 and 6 positions, rocking back and forth helps.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #27
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Firefly under the Wardrobe? You mean the DC panel, G6? The 30 year service guy at delivery told me, "that's one of those panels you don't want to open too often, due to all winky little connectors that get flexed when you remove it and reinstall it. " [emoji13]

The two finger holes on the sides are only moderately useful. The snap hooks are at 12 and 6 positions, rocking back and forth helps.
Hi

Yup that's the one. I've tried the rock back and forth a bit. I'm more curious than anything else. I certainly don't want to disable the world by breaking off a connector.

Bob
Old 09-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #28
ObviouslyKnot

Currently Looking...
KAILUA , HI
I'm up to about 4 out and in cycles, with no known deficiencies.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #29
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

So with the "assistance" of the dogs, I've done some exploring under the rear dinette. The magic panel is indeed lying there in the middle of a bundle of wires (...yikes ...). The red wires into it are set up to do a "everything dies" disconnect. It would be very easy to move the one wire over to the other post, either by plan or by accident. I now have yet another 3D printing task for the AS. The back of that panel needs some sort of protection ....

Bob
Old 09-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #30
ObviouslyKnot

Currently Looking...
KAILUA , HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

So with the "assistance" of the dogs, I've done some exploring under the rear dinette. The magic panel is indeed lying there in the middle of a bundle of wires (...yikes ...). The red wires into it are set up to do a "everything dies" disconnect. It would be very easy to move the one wire over to the other post, either by plan or by accident. I now have yet another 3D printing task for the AS. The back of that panel needs some sort of protection ....

Bob
What, exposed circuit board pins not to your liking? Make two, I'll pay for shipping and send a coupon for some Red Bridge.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
My dogs and I went to Home Depot today. They love it there, almost as much as Hospitals and Nursing Homes. No AS work today or this week, tomorrow Jury Duty calls.

Bud
Old 09-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
mcdonough , Georgia
When I hit store while plugged into shore power everything turns off. Ours was built April 2017.
ksteve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #33
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
What, exposed circuit board pins not to your liking? Make two, I'll pay for shipping and send a coupon for some Red Bridge.
Hi

Once I get it figured out, I'll make a bunch of them. I'm sure you will not be the only one interested. Having that big un-fused 12V post bang into a grounded piece of metal does not look wise at all. I had a friend take out a Huey with that sort of "aw shucks" move. Big chunk of the frame gone ....

Bob
Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Mine was VERY early! Probably a show unit that ultimately was shipped to the dealer. Based on the level of issues and missing items I would bet on it. Never got reworked before it was sent. I didn't even have a mixing valve when it was delivered. That's just one example.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:42 PM   #35
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Jumping in here late,when I hit "store" everything dies. I am still trying to figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Mine was built late Sept, I think. I am nose deep in major projects right now but will go crawling around under the dinette ASAP. After hearing about what y'all found I am not looking forward to adventuring in that mess.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #36
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I would not classify any of this as a "must dig into right now" sort of thing. It's just another odd wrinkle in the "AS never does it the same way twice" story.

It would be nice if they could do a correct diagram of the trailer. I'm not holding my breath on that. Neither should any of those I promised those sort of corrections to back at work ... I'm retired ...

Bob
Old 09-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #37
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Uncle Bud, thanks for letting me know I don't have to deal with the nest of wires under the dinette right this moment. My calendar is bursting with chores until November, maybe December. Looks like I won't have time to play too much with my AS until March but I will be reading and watching and learning.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2017 30' Classic
Summerville , South Carolina
My firefly system under the dinette is also a rats nest of wires with the panel sitting on top. When I was at JC early Aug for warranty work the Tech mounted it to the floor so it does not fly around when underway.
I will test my power disconnect and mfg. date tomorrow and post.
Captain Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2017 30' Classic
Summerville , South Carolina
When I hit the store button with or without shore power connected everything cuts off. My trailer was built Nov 2016.
Captain Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #40
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hank View Post
My firefly system under the dinette is also a rats nest of wires with the panel sitting on top. When I was at JC early Aug for warranty work the Tech mounted it to the floor so it does not fly around when underway.
I will test my power disconnect and mfg. date tomorrow and post.
Hi

A picture of the "official factory fix" might be really nice. (He says *after* you are back from the trailer ....)

Bob