Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Zip Dee Awning Control Panel

I know this has been discussed a good bit - but we're still struggling a bit.

We have a 2015 30 foot Flying Cloud Bunk - and are having issues with our Zip Dee awning.

Zip Dee is recommending that we replace the control panel. Unfortunately - with both Zip Dee and Airstream customer support on the phone, we haven't been able to find the control panel!

Any ideas / experience with this model / configuration?

Zip Dee thought it should be under the sink. It doesn't seem to be. The sink is opposite the awning side of the trailer - seems logical that it SHOULDN'T be there (long path to wire from the awning to the control panel.

Airstreams customer service - the only thing they had was galley kitchen cabinet. There's a cabinet right next to the refrigerator - but there's nothing there.

I'm at a loss!!!

Thanks!!
andyvignes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
So your '15 Flying Cloud has a power awning?

Post up some pictures if you can, maybe that'll get some answers rolling for you.

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 4:30 rear Leer Topper Ruby Red
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:52 PM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

It's not going to be *in* a cabinet. It's going to be down on the floor under the base of a cabinet or strapped to the back wall of the cabinet base.

The reason it usually goes under the sink is that there are a lot of odd places there to squeeze things into.

The part you are looking for is probably better described as a control module. A control panel would have buttons and switches on it. This thing is just a PC board with blinking LED's and a bunch of wires to and from it.

One way to track it down: The panel that you normally poke to run the awning (with buttons on it) has to wire to the control module. Dig in to the back of it and see where the wires go. Eventually they will lead to the module you are looking for.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:52 PM   #4
69 Caravel

1969 18' Caravel
2009 23' International
2018 28' International
Bayfield , Colorado
Could this be the control panel?

I apologize for adding to an already extensive posts on this topic but I am still searching for our Zip Dee control panel. 2017 International RB. The only thing I have located is on the front wall of the trailer. Access is under the pullout couch in the front of the AS. Hard to access because it is inside those deep storage cabinets. I attached a picture of what I am seeing, but since there is no obvious control boar, am wondering if it could be behind the dark cover/box?
THANK YOU!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS contol panel 1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	420506  
Old 08-06-2022, 11:28 AM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarris View Post
I apologize for adding to an already extensive posts on this topic but I am still searching for our Zip Dee control panel. 2017 International RB. The only thing I have located is on the front wall of the trailer. Access is under the pullout couch in the front of the AS. Hard to access because it is inside those deep storage cabinets. I attached a picture of what I am seeing, but since there is no obvious control boar, am wondering if it could be behind the dark cover/box?
THANK YOU!!
Hi

That all looks like the fuse for the inverter, the DC bus bar and the other DC distribution "stuff". Typically the awning control is on the same wall as the awning . Just where on that wall ... who knows. It depends a lot on your layout. Ours is under the kitchen sink.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:17 AM   #6
69 Caravel

1969 18' Caravel
2009 23' International
2018 28' International
Bayfield , Colorado
Thank you. I'll keep digging. Our awning controls are on the left wall by the door. Not much room between that and the front of the trailer and those wires in the pic were the only thing I've found even remotely near the control panel. I love a scavenger hunt!