Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Allentown , Pennsylvania
Rolled and Latched Awning Filling with Water

Hi, I have a 2018 22ft Sport FB. I currently have the AS on a seasonal site that I go to every weekend. Each Sunday before I leave I make sure the Zip Dee awning is dry and roll it up and make sure both latches are secure before leaving. I'm in PA so we have been having a lot of rain but when I open the awning on Friday afternoon it is full of water. Is there something I am doing wrong? I thought it should stay dry when rolled and securely latched? I even saw a couple of little mold spots this week that appeared in only Sunday night until Friday afternoon.... Thanks for any input on this.
The Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
Yup, they will still get some water in there despite rolling them up dry. Nothing to do but open them up every so often to dry them out. Mold will start much quicker with a dirty awning (organic material), even dusty, so it is best to make sure they are as clean as possible before rolling it back up.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #3
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
Do you leave your AZ leveled front to back? Maybe if you raise or lower the front a bit the water will drain rather than accumulate.
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote