Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Lancaster , Pennsylvania
Roadside awning strap.

Hola amigos,

I have a 2016 20FC and I took notice after I brought the unit home, that when I deploy the roadside awning, the strap keeps me from fully opening one of the side windows because of where they positioned the hook. The window that can not be fully opened is the emergency window. I contact the dealer and they said to make the kitchen window the emergency window now (imagine that) My concern isn't which window I should use in an emergency...but the fact that I can't have that window open while the awning is out. Anyone here have the same issue?
Ratta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
In earlier years of the FC20 model the kitchen window was the escape route. I understand it didn't have arms to keep it open either. We have a sub-forum for 20 footers under the Flying Clouds 2009 and newer if you would like to join us over there. Maybe someone will see your post and answer sooner.

I don't have the awnings all around the trailer...just the one on the door side.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
The same thing happened to us when we bought a 20' The dealer installed another hook between the windows and had the strap on the awning moved. So now we have two hooks and two windows that open all the way. The dealer and we called Airstream. Airstream paid for all the modification work. We did not let them move the original hook for fear of creating leaks so we have two hooks.

20' 2008 Safari SE, Dill TPMS Silver Dog House
2007 GMC 1/2 ton Sierra ARE Cap
AIR # 10494
reddogfox is offline   Reply With Quote