Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2020, 08:58 AM   #61

1978 28' Ambassador
Gainesville , Georgia
Looking for Carefree endcaps and spring assembly.

Do you still have parts?
I am NE of Atlanta and would love to see what you have. I will be passing through Tennessee June 28.
Peggy Egan
Peggyegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:28 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

1960 22' Safari
Johnson City , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggyegan View Post
Do you still have parts?
I am NE of Atlanta and would love to see what you have. I will be passing through Tennessee June 28.
Peggy Egan
I still have some of the awning swig arm parts. I’ll dig them out and see. I’ve sold everything else.
teilhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Are these Carefree parts?Click image for larger version

Name:	20200526_160243.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	370688
montanablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:52 PM   #64
rvb
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 28
Euless , Texas
Those are Vintage Carefree parts.

Yes, those are Vintage Carefree awning parts.

Top and center: the 3 pieces with the rectangular holes are sliding locks that fit inside the main arms. One has a post and ther other 2 have posts with them but they are not installed. The post goes at the top and points toward the trailer and that is what you hold on to slide it up and down. These slide down over the travel hook when the arm is closed to lock it in place.

Top right: is a main arm lower support that the arm pivots on and the angle brace fits behind when it is disconnected from the arm and stowed for travel.

Right side: 2 pieces are the stops that go on the roof over the awning channel for the tube to rest against.

Bottom piece I don't recognize.

Lower left piece I don't recognize.

Left side: those 2 pieces are the hook part of the travel hook.

Upper right: Are the 2 U shaped pieces the travel hooks fit into. These bolt to the body half way up the sides and the travel hook slides into them and can be adjusted in and out to make the arms vertical when stowed. A bolt goes thru both pieces to lock them together.
rvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:30 AM   #65

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvb View Post
Yes, those are Vintage Carefree awning parts.

Top and center: the 3 pieces with the rectangular holes are sliding locks that fit inside the main arms. One has a post and ther other 2 have posts with them but they are not installed. The post goes at the top and points toward the trailer and that is what you hold on to slide it up and down. These slide down over the travel hook when the arm is closed to lock it in place.

Top right: is a main arm lower support that the arm pivots on and the angle brace fits behind when it is disconnected from the arm and stowed for travel.

Right side: 2 pieces are the stops that go on the roof over the awning channel for the tube to rest against.

Bottom piece I don't recognize.

Lower left piece I don't recognize.

Left side: those 2 pieces are the hook part of the travel hook.

Upper right: Are the 2 U shaped pieces the travel hooks fit into. These bolt to the body half way up the sides and the travel hook slides into them and can be adjusted in and out to make the arms vertical when stowed. A bolt goes thru both pieces to lock them together.

The lower left component is the center support arm bracket that mounts to the trailer body.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:51 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Thanks, I thought they were Carefree.
montanablue is offline   Reply With Quote